Cyber Security Analyst II
Company: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Job Summary:The Cyber Security Analyst II supports a 24/7/365
Security Operations Center (SOC) and provides 2nd Tier analysis and
response to security events. Actively prepares for, and hunts for,
malicious internal and external threats as a part of our cyber
incident response program in the Security Operations Center (SOC).
CSA II will analyze malware, emerging threats and emerging risks.
The role will report to the Manager, Cyber Security.
* Performs daily incident detection and response operations. The CS
Analyst II will be responsible for monitoring, investigating,
researching and analyzing the intrusion and developing prevention
tools and systems. Monitoring and scanning servers for
* Audit and review security and audit logs for firewall, IPS, IDS,
Wireless, IdM, SPAM, Internet, content filtering, WAN/LAN routers,
wireless AP's and servers, as e-mail activity. Utilize tools to
analyze attack patterns, inappropriate / out of policy activity, or
access misuse. Report all violations to the appropriate personnel
for review and corrective action.
* Analyzes and escalates (as appropriate) relevant Information
Security Event information. Takes action to handle high severity
issues including escalating to other business areas as necessary
and providing potential resolution or areas of improvement.
* Triage the incident details and provide support to Business
* Analyze events from a response perspective: apply skill and
judgment to determine if escalations are warranted.
* Specializes in network and/or host analysis, and/or malware
analysis, and/or log-centric analysis
* Clearly and concisely document observations. The CS Analyst will
be responsible for creating and maintaining reports on performance
Indicators and weekly and Monthly Metrics in order to maintain
historical records and identify trends, etc.
* Collaborates with peers to implement changes to analysis tools as
required, including inclusion of log sources/types and refinement
* Work with HR and SIU as necessary to provide additional details
for escalated cases as necessary.
* Technical consultant for the IT department to plan, implement and
support new and existing security technologies; Serve as an expert
in technical field of knowledge.
* Bachelor's degree, Information Security or Computer Science or
related technical discipline
* 5-7yrs Cyber security related work experience.
* Minimum 1 year prior experience detecting/responding to cyber
incidents or similar
* Additional Requirements:
* - 5-7 years' experience with Intrusion Event Systems (IDS)
analysis or with host forensics (timeline analysis, registry
analysis, etc.) or
* - with network forensic tools & techniques and memory forensic
tools and techniques
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations:
* Certified in one or more of the following: HCISPP, SANS GIAC
(GCIH, GCIA, GMON, GCED, GCDA, GPEN, etc.), CEH, or technology
specific (proxy, data loss prevention, firewall, etc)
* SPLUNK highly preferred
* Requires an excellent understanding of IT security concepts with
an emphasis on advanced detection, digital forensics and
* Requires excellent knowledge of IT and computer systems
* Demonstrated experience with Windows and/or Linux operating
* - Demonstrated understanding/familiarity with networking
fundamentals including subnetting, TCP/IP, protocols such as SSL,
DNS, http, etc.)
* Familiarity with scripting / programming (Python, Powershell
* Malware analysis & reverse engineering skills are a plus
* An understanding of APT, cyber-crime, botnets and associated
Tools, Tactics and Procedures
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with IDS, Network Forensics, Network Security
Monitoring (NSM) and netflow tools and analysis
* IT infrastructure background including familiarity with the
* Networking (TCP/IP, UDP, Routing)
* Applications (HTTP, SMTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, etc.)
* System/Application vulnerabilities and exploitation
* Operating systems (Windows, *Nix, and Mac)
Skills and Abilities:
* Requires exceptional analytical thinking skills or Excellent
analytical and problem solving skills
* Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work
effectively with others as a team
* Requires excellent PC skills and demonstrated proficiency with MS
* Requires the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
* Detail oriented and excellent organizational, time and stress
* Ability to work well individually as well as in a team
* Self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
Travel (If Applicable):
SIU, Privacy, Legal Affairs, IT, IT Governance and IT Security
External Customers, Law Enforcement, and various ISACs
HORIZON BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF NEW JERSEY IS AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE,
COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER
IDENTITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR STATUS AS AN INDIVIDUAL WITH
A DISABILITY AND ANY OTHER PROTECTED CLASS AS REQUIRED BY FEDERAL,
STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
Keywords: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, Newark , Cyber Security Analyst II, Professions , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!