Senior Risk Management Consultant
Company: ICW Group
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Do you have a passion for Safety & Risk Management? Do you love being in the field working closely with customers? If so, then we want to hear from you! Employer Insurance Companies is recognized nationally as an insurance leader in helping policyholders achieve fewer and less costly claims. We are looking to add a Sr. Safety & Risk Management Consultant to our growing team. Our Sr. Safety & Risk Management Consultant works closely with insureds to identify and mitigate Workers Compensation risks; perform accident investigation and partner with the Underwriting and Claims teams.
About your job:
- Maintains a book of business and provides professional risk management services to Employers clients.
- Completes surveys and writes reports for all lines of coverage with emphasis on small to moderate Workers Compensation and DIC risks.
- Evaluates Workers Compensation accounts with premiums ranging from $25,000 to $500,000.
- Schedules surveys and account service work within an assigned territory for efficient production and expense control within established procedural guidelines.
- Initiates recommendations for corrective action to meet Underwriting and Risk Management Services standards.
- Performs accident investigations when necessary and provides written reports to Claims and Underwriting.
- Establishes and maintains safety services practices for clients on more complex and specialized risks.
- Develops and implements loss control programs appropriate for the specific needs and operations of Employers clients.
- Creates and performs training for clients on the fundamentals of facility inspections, accident investigations and CAL-OSHA requirements.
- Communicates client activity information to Claims, Underwriting and agents.
- Collaborates with Underwriting and Claims to develop and draft large account service proposals.
- Attends client prospecting visits and meet and greet visits with Underwriting and Claims.
- May participate in claim review meetings for clients with Claims.
- Communicates safety and health concerns relating to clients operations to Underwriting, Claims and agents.
- Develops corrective action through written recommendations to control or mitigate hazards identified with clients.
- Effectively communicates corrective action to Underwriting, clients and agents.
- Provides agents with account servicing updates for clients including training, materials sent or given to the client and consultant visits.
- Performs training for employees and co-workers including teaching the fundamentals of facility inspections, accident investigations and CAL-OSHA requirements.
- Serves as a functional expert to the Risk Management team.
- Continually upgrades knowledge and expertise.
- Maintains certifications.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new ICW employees both within and outside of the department
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5+) years' experience in the safety profession is required.
- CSP, ASP, CIH, or ARM and ALCM, CHCM, COSS, CHST,
- MBA or equivalent insurance and risk management designations.
- Valid, current driver's license is required.
- Computer, grammar, spelling, writing and customer service skills are essential.
- Excellent computer skills with extensive knowledge of Word 2000-2003, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook and other computer-related programs.
- Ability to respond to complex inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love for you to consider us in your next career move!
Keywords: ICW Group, Newark , Senior Risk Management Consultant, Professions , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!