Class A CDL Local Truck Driver
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled
infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to
ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers,
restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our
customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the
food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in
order to deliver on their commitments.
What You'll Do
- Operate a Class A commercial vehicle (tractor trailer) with
manual transmission, to make pick-ups and deliveries at various
warehouses and customer locations. This is a home daily
- Engage in trips that start between midnight and 6:00 am, to
make mostly no-touch deliveries to customers, for an average of
eleven hours per day, Monday through Friday, and half days on
Saturdays, primarily in Northern New Jersey, and the New York City
boroughs (except Manhattan).
- Earn $30.22 per hour, paid weekly, with the ability to qualify
for many benefits such as health, vision, dental, 401K, paid time
off (PTO), quarterly safety bonus and more.
- Be eligible for a $10,000 Cool Driver Incentive, and $2,000
- Strictly adhere to all Department of Transportation (DOT)
regulations including daily trip logs, pre- and post-trip vehicle
and equipment inspections, and hours of service, and maintain all
paperwork, such as bills or lading and invoices.
What Experience You Need
- A valid and current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
in the state of residence and minimum of two (2) years of CDL A
driving experience, with ability to operate manual
- No conviction for driving while intoxicated or under the
influence of drugs within the past five (5) years.
- No more than four (4) moving violations in the past 36 months,
and no more than two (2) moving violations in the previous 12
- No violations for reckless driving, speeding 15 MPH over the
speed limit, lane changes, or texting/handheld device use while
- No conviction for a "serious or disqualifying traffic
violation" as described in FMCSR parts 382, 391, 392 and 397) or
preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated
away from the scene, or disabling vehicle damage within three (3)
What Could Set You Apart
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Experience with refrigerated (reefer) trailers
- Demonstration of interpersonal and customer service skills,
including partnering with co-workers and customers
- Skills in written and verbal communication, and basic math
- Skilled at reading and interpreting driving directions and road
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me?
We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with
our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their
health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a
values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers
feed the world.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Newark , Class A CDL Local Truck Driver, Professions , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...