Forklift Technician 2
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Perform routine and complex material handling equipment (MHE),
repairs and preventative maintenance throughout the warehouse.
Provide maintenance support as necessary to ensure operational
objectives are met. Perform troubleshooting and repair of material
handling equipment and other powered industrial equipment as
assigned. Provide outside service provider oversight and
• Performs in depth troubleshooting of MHE electrical, mechanical,
and hydraulic systems.
• Rebuilds and/or replaces major components (i.e mast,
undercarriage, transmissions, engines/motors, etc.).
• Performs preventative maintenance, repair and adjustment of
material handling equipment.
• Inspects forklifts, pallet jacks, and other material handling
equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational
• Maintains batteries and chargers in working order in accordance
with OSHA Standards.
• Performs routine and complex maintenance on various types of
warehouse equipment in accordance with OSHA Standards.
• Tests, maintains, and evaluates equipment performance using
instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, and any other testing
• Conducts tests of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational
• Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records within the CMMS
• Keeps work area and tools 6S'd (well maintained, clean,
organized, etc.), and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
• Shares knowledge, train and develop less experienced
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 4 years' maintenance experience with a minimum of 2 years' as an
• Formal MHE technical training, such as Hyster, Crown, Toyota, or
• Strong work experience will be considered in lieu of Training
Courses during the initial hiring process.
• Required train in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP
• Basic computer skills required (email, internet searches, basic
data entry, etc.).
• Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Fully competent in MHE knowledge.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose down to the component level
on all material handling equipment.
• Must show proficiency in SAP PM (CMMS) with respect to their
duties and responsibilities within 60 days.
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of
the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside
controlled temperatures of -20 degrees Fahrenheit and outside
ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation).
• Must be able to work at heights in excess of 35 ft. and be able
to access elevated platforms and catwalk
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands
and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to use hand and power tools.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either
naturally or with the aid of eye glasses. Contact lenses are
prohibited when working with ammonia.
• Able to work nights and weekends.
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Newark , Forklift Technician 2, Professions , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!