Institutional Reimbursement Analyst
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Job Title: Institutional Reimbursement Analyst
Job Location: Newark - NJ
Job Duration: 06 Months of Contract
- The Institutional Reimbursement Analyst II process inquiries
initiated by hospitals and ancillary providers.
- The Institutional Reimbursement Analyst II represents Client
with external and/or internal customers as a subject matter expert
and reference point to providing resolution to difficult and
- This position is responsible for claim adjustments, explaining
denials and A/R reconciliations and developing process improvements
to ensure continuous problems will be corrected.
- The position will act as a liaison between the Hospital
Community including Client Alliance Partners, Network Hospital
Relations, Ancillary Contracting, and Provider Services.
- Responsible for working directly with the Hospital Community to
resolve outstanding accounts on first contact and determine action
steps needed to provide the best service model.
- Review and compile monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on
quality statistics in order to provide recommendations for process
improvement and best practices.
- Partner with facility employees to identify and bridge
financial gaps, i.e., resolving open Accounts Receivables (ARs),
claim payment issues, etc.
- Researches, recommends, and develops procedural, systemic or
other revisions to increase departmental efficiency, accuracy and
productivity in service.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all processing systems within
Service. Review and adjust claims off site and in house as
- Provide on-site support in Alliance Partner's two to three
times a week on an as needed basis. (Co-location has been replaced
with standing conference calls and or web-ex meetings during
- Facilitate and participate in Hospital Seminars to ensure
coverage of all current claim issues/concerns.
- Prefer a minimum of 1-2 years researching and investigating
customer service inquiries.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Knowledge of claim processing systems. NASCO knowledge
- Strong PC Skills.
- Analytical Thinking, Critical Thinking, Organizational Skills
and strong Written Communication Skills.
- Problem solver
- Strong organizational skills
- Active listening skills
- Requires knowledge of medical terminology
- Requires Good Oral and Written Communication skills
- Prefer the ability to analyze and resolve problems with minimal
- Prefer the ability to use a personal computer and applicable
software and systems
- Team Player, Strong Analytical, Interpersonal Skills
- Requires ability to make sound decisions under the direction of
- Prefer knowledge Managed Care principles
- Prefer knowledge of contracts, enrollment, billing & claims
Keywords: Atlas, Newark , Institutional Reimbursement Analyst, Professions , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!