Posted on: November 23, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Working with the Production and FSM, proactively plan plant
maintenance activities on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
utilizing computerized maintenance management systems and other
tools for tracking maintenance work.
The position is a member of the local SAP PM functional upgrade
team and responsible for working with end users to implement best
practice processes, as well as continuously improve the processes
in these functional areas. The role serves as a back up to the FSM
and coordinates predictive and preventive and corrective
maintenance practices for all facility equipment.
• Plan and Schedule maintenance activity using CMMS.
• Assist with solving and correcting maintenance related production
• Assist FSM with monitoring and processing the local maintenance
CAPEX project process in SAP PM.
• Develop/refine and implement preventive and predictive
maintenance systems for all facility equipment.
• Coordinate predictive and preventive and corrective maintenance
practices for all facility equipment.
• Develop measurements for tracking the success and timeliness of
maintenance activities such as PM work order completion rates,
Planned/Scheduled work order completion rates, etc.
• Perform systematic preventive maintenance, including electrical
or mechanical adjustments, inspections and minor repairs as
• Work directly with outside contractors/partners on providing PMs
service to relevant designed production equipment.
• Proactively Identify potential equipment problems.
• Identify and assist in the implementation of projects as
• Properly perform all requirements for APSM management.
• Other duties as required
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma/GED equivalency is a minimum formal education
• 3-5 years of experience in maintenance planning and or
• Have extensive industrial maintenance background which may
include hydraulics, controls, industrial ammonia refrigeration
system, welding, pneumatics and basic troubleshooting skills
• Ability to troubleshoot maintenance related problems
• 1-2 years of experience in the SAP modules for Plant Maintenance
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency in Excel and maintenance management software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read diagrams, blueprints and schematics
• Demonstrated planning, task organizing and execution skills
• Strong communications skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on
demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business
and technical groups.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative
• Able to work overtime as required.
• Able to perform normal maintenance functions (facility
maintenance) when needed.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down
from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements
for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts,
carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without
exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and
respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Newark , Maintenance Planner/Scheduler, Professions , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!