Company: Kuehne Nagel
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Are you thinking about improving your career development and
your professional growth? We invite you to join one of the most
successful international logistics organizations here at
Kuehne+Nagel. Our New York branch is looking for a new National
Transpacific-Eastbound Pricing Analyst to join their Sea Logistics
team. Your Role As a National TPEB Pricing Analyst, you will be
part of the national pricing team that is responsible for pricing
guidance to regional pricing teams and for managing the corporate
response to long-term, global RFQs with the goal of maximizing
success rate and yield on the TPEB trade lanes. You will work in a
diverse, dynamic environment to develop and implement pricing
strategy for one of the largest TPEB freight forwarders. You will
have the opportunity to digest market data and test pricing
theories to provide win-win pricing to our customers. You will
partner will a variety of stakeholders within the North American
Trade Management team, as well as with global teams from Asia to
Europe, to win in the market and achieve sustainable growth. Your
- Develop pricing strategy and make dynamic pricing
- Analyze TPEB sea freight market trends (IMO 2023, tradelane
capacity, vessel utilizations, etc.) to make rate decisions within
the overall growth framework.
- Manage and update pricing and contracts for existing and new
- Create operations standards for individual customers.
- Manage working relationship with ocean carrier.
- Handle multiple priorities and establish liaison between
external and internal key stakeholders.
- Take part in market discussions (supply and demand, pricing,
policies effect on key players in the industry, etc.) by attending
and leading weekly carrier meetings.
- Negotiate rates with ocean carrier to ensure coverage of new
and existing business.
- Manage RFQ process for over 300 global key accounts as a
- Take part in commercial decision making for no/no-go
- Formulate timeline and drive completion of each RFQ.
- Identify gaps in information and problem solve throughout the
- Post-mortem should RFQ result in failure.
- Utilize logistics knowledge and advanced analytics to develop
sea freight projects and solutions.
- Create solutions that reduce costs and improve tender
- Develop and utilize software solutions to audit and normalize
data used for analysis.
- Discover patterns found in mixed data streams..
- Build data visualization dashboards to help make supply chain
- Design tools to improve the efficiency of report
- Build processes to collect and refresh data regularly from real
time production environment. Your Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor's degree in economics, business administration, supply
chain management or related field.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with data analytics tools, such as Tableau.
- Knowledge of geographic and seasonal trends in the ocean
- Exceptional Excel and data management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- 1+ years of experience working in the TPEB freight industry at
an ocean carrier or freight forwarder.
- Experience with programming languages, such as VBA, SQL and/or
- Global experiences and cultural agility working with
international colleagues and offices.
- Experiences consulting high profile clients and
- Passionate about using technology, innovation and analytics for
- Ability to direct and lead interaction with strategic partners
and customers to grow business. Good Reasons to Join We offer
competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package,
employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training
programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne+Nagel's general working model is four (4) days office and
one (1) day remote. However, some positions may offer a different
hybrid model depending on the job location, function, etc. The
working schedule specific details will be discussed in your job
interview. Kuehne+Nagel reserves the right to change or adjust the
working model policy.
Keywords: Kuehne Nagel, Newark , Pricing Analyst, Professions , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!