CDL Driver (Roll-off)
Company: Hire Velocity
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Interstate Waste Services is the most progressive and innovative
provider of solid waste and recycling services in the country! We
primarily service Northern New Jersey, Southern New York State, New
York City, and recently expanded our operations of transfer
stations into Pennsylvania and Ohio, where we also own and operate
a state-of-the-art rail-served landfill. We cater to a diverse
range of residential, industrial and commercial customers. Our
mission has always been to provide our customers with the highest
quality waste, recycling and environmental services, while keeping
focus on employee, customer and environmental safety.
What makes our company culture unique is we have mastered the
ability to balance the standards of a large corporate company while
maintaining our small business family style culture.
Drivers transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle
facility. Routes may require Drivers to navigate through congested
communities and confined or tight areas in city locations. Highly
skilled backing maneuvers are essential too successfully perform
In addition, Drivers are responsible for ensuring their truck is in
compliance with IWS's safety standards as well as OSHA and DOT
regulations, and local traffic laws, prior to and while operating
- Perform pre- and post-route inspections of assigned truck and
document any safety issues on standard reports.
- Continuously monitor for safety and service related issues, as
well as containers or other equipment in need of repair, and report
any issues to the Route Supervisor or Dispatch.
- All IWS employees are expected to be responsible and
accountable for the safety for themselves, their colleagues, the
trucks, and other equipment and property. Drivers must immediately
notify Route Supervisor or Dispatch of any incidents, accidents,
injures, or property damage.
- Communicate professionally with customers and Dispatchers at
all times. This includes receiving complaints about schedules and
quality of service. Our Drivers must make note of and report on any
such complaints and respond in a courteous and respectful
- Work closely with Route Supervisor to improve route
efficiencies and identify best practices.
- We are continuously investing in equipment, and many of our
trucks are less than 2 years old.
- We deploy both manual and automatic trucks.
- The Driver position may be required to repeatedly lift up to 50
pounds, and move and maneuver up to 100 pounds, as well as mount
and dismount the truck multiple times every route.
- As part of our commitment to safety and accountability, all of
our trucks are equipped with route tracking software and video
monitoring. To find out more, check out this video.
- We strictly adhere to DOT safety regulations, including motor
vehicle record review and drug testing requirements.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and legally
eligible to work in the United States.
- All Drivers must have a valid Class A with airbrake
endorsement, and a clean driving record.
- At least 1 year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a
CDL, within the last 7 years. Experience as a Driver or Helper for
a refuge company is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of DOT, OSHA and applicable traffic
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse
with the general public, understand highway traffic and signals,
respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries
on reports and records.
- Must be able to read and understand a map
- Must be able to meet the physical and safety requirements of
- Must be willing and able to work required worked hours as
allowed under DOT regulation and may include weekend, night, and/or
We believe in providing the training and development you need to
grow your career with Interstate Waste Services. Many of our
Supervisors, Managers, and other leadership staff, started their
careers as Helpers, Drivers, or Dispatchers. IWS is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not
discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any
other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Salary and benefits
Interstate Waste Services is committed to providing a world class
work place to all employees. Each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including, we provide hourly
pay dependent on experience and paid overtime, Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and more. Our employees also receive Paid
Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. All drivers a members of a
Union and benefits will be provided as outlined in the collective
Keywords: Hire Velocity, Newark , CDL Driver (Roll-off), Professions , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!