Shipping and Receiving Technician
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionShipping and Receiving TechnicianAeroFarms, the
commercial leader in Vertical Farming is building the largest
indoor vertical farm in the world in Danville Virginia! (We already
have the Guinness world record for this in 2022 – this new farm is
4 times the output of that farm!) At AeroFarms we are Non-GMO and
use zero herbicides, fungicides, pesticides of any kind, along with
using 95% less water compared to conventional agriculture and can
grow the best leafy greens 365/24/7 without worrying about seasons!
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people
on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a
solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of
farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began
transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the
forefront. In 2022 AeroFarms is embarking on rapid growth in North
America, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+
invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues
to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated
flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition
to you. Here's how we're growing the best plants possible for the
betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious,
high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that's better
for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming
food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing
- Building and deploying state-of-the-art automated indoor
vertical farms across the country using the latest technological
advancements available today.
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse
company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and
curiosity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPX7ZS0wqWI As AeroFarms
approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out
creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry
standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial
intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle
global issues. If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring
humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world
mission resonates with you, apply today: We have:
- An incredible ‘change-the-world' company with the eyes of the
world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to
- The backing of impressive firms like Goldman Sachs, IKEA,
Prudential, and other leading venture funds. Job
Description:Reporting to the Plant Manager and Shipping & Receiving
Supervisor, the Shipping and Receiving Technician will be
- Preparing and sending reports to Shipping & Receiving
Supervisor and Operations Manager
- Working independently and as a team to achieve leadership and
- Coordinate with the packaging team to ensure shipments are on
time for customer deliveries and pickups.
- Use FIFO rotation for inventory.
- Conduct daily finished goods inventory and input into the ERP
- Follow all policies and procedures to ship product out to
- Use of a computer to input finished goods inventory, product
losses, and email communication from the Sales team on orders.
- Input inventory and create invoices in the SAGE ERP system
- Conducting pre-shipment quality evaluations before shipments
ensuring the highest quality and following standard guidelines for
- Conducting CCP of metal detection daily
- Organizing all paperwork for CCP, pre-ship evaluation, and
- Ensure all samples are packed out and of the highest quality
and ready in the finished goods cooler.
- Complete 95% or above picking rate.
- Shrink wrap all pallets and use an electric forklift to stage
the product to the shipping dock.
- Be able to time manage to make sure all product is ready to be
shipped on time.
- Ensure all incoming customer's trucks are within temperature
specification and cleanliness guidelines.
- Have superior customer service skills when dealing with
customers picking up product.
- Ensure all product is organized in finished goods cooler.
- Ensure each product has a quality retain. You have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 6 months prior experience in packaging
- 6 months prior experience in shipping/receiving required.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and speak basic
- Must be able to work in a cold environment (
- Availability to work weekends is a must.
- Ability to respect and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to drive electric forklift after training.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team.
- Must have time management skills to meet certain deadlines for
- Must be detailed oriented and organized.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good basic math skills.
- Ability to use scales, calculators, and computer. Personal
- Collaboration - we know we cannot fix the world's problems as
an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that
happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication - we are a small company (in relative terms - 200
employees), we work well together because we communicate well with
each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to
you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the
mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility - What we do has never been done before: we are an
innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we
constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we
are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability - we don't micromanage, we hire individuals who
know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and
take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect - We are already starting our journey scaling around
the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual
out on plant earth and we need to respect different people,
different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from
each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment - we provide an environment for growth and
development: we need your help to develop our business, we will
help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our
growth plans!! Powered by JazzHRLbs5phoab9
Keywords: AeroFarms, Newark , Shipping and Receiving Technician, Professions , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!