Acetylene Fill Plant Operator
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering
company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of
making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including
chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare,
manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde s industrial gases are
used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for
hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics
manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also
delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support
customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions
reductions. For more information about the company, please visit
our website at . Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. is seeking an Acetylene
Fill Plant Operator to join our team located in Newark, NJ. The
Acetylene Fill Plant Operator performs routine daily acetylene
production and cylinder filling activities. These activities
include the operation and monitoring of process equipment, cylinder
filling, material handing, and minor equipment maintenance. The
Acetylene Fill Plant Operator must follow industry and government
guidelines and adhere to all company safety requirements. The
Acetylene Fill Plant Operator works regularly with and around
hazardous materials. Acetylene Fill Plant Operator - 2nd Shift
- Operates and monitors acetylene generation and processing
- Performs acetylene cylinder filling assignments including
visual inspections, weighing, residual gas and solvent
calculations, labeling, and handling, and minor cylinder
- Executes daily work assignments in accordance with established
priorities and assures own work is accurate, correct and meets
existing regulatory and procedural requirements and management s
- Conducts equipment troubleshooting and minor maintenance and
routine inspection of operating equipment to fix or determine the
need for additional equipment repairs or replacement, as
- Operate and maintain process machinery and equipment.
- Perform all required pre-fill cylinder inspections and fill
cylinders in accordance with specific guidelines and
- Perform post-fill cylinder inspections and ensure cylinders are
ready for safe transport and use before release.
- Regularly inspects and maintain filling equipment and
associated monitoring devices.
- Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately completed and
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including
cranes, forklifts, and pallet jacks.
- Maintains work areas clean and organized.
- Other duties as assigned Job Requirements:Qualifications
- High School Degree or GED
- Minimum 1year experience working in an industrial setting
- The position s required functional and technical key skills
- Complete company administered classroom and hands-on
instruction and satisfactorily pass written and practical
demonstration exams as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow procedures and
complete task on time as assigned.
- Forklift training and experience preferred
- Ability to lift 10-20 pounds and occasionally lift 50-100
- Ability to move containers and pallets weighing up to 2000
pounds with proper material handling equipment
- Safety must be priority
- Must have the ability to perform basic math functions
- Ability to read and comprehend policies, procedures and other
company and industry documents
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours and weekends, as
necessary. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
reason prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Praxair-PDI, Newark , Acetylene Fill Plant Operator, Professions , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!