Sea Logistics Solutions Transload Manager
Company: Kuehne Nagel
Posted on: August 5, 2022
If you wish to further develop your career with one of the most
successful logistics organization we are looking for a new
Solutions Transload Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to
join our Sea Logistics team. Your Role In this highly visible and
customer facing Sea Logistics solutions position, the candidate
will serve as the technical lead to oversee the 3rd Party transload
intergration with the facilities as well as the system provider.
This role will require cross functional leadership inside and
outside of the organization in order to manage expectations and
deliver on promises made to the both external and internal
customers. He/she will be responsible for overseeing the project
regarding the implementation of a 3rd party transload visibility
platform, integrations with: visbility provider, 3rd party
warehouse providers, Kuehne+Nagel systems, and external customer
systems. This position requires an engagement in customer needs as
well as a high level understanding of systems and processes
regarding drayage, transload/cross docking and outbound truckload
load management. A positive, collegial attitude and high level of
professionalism are essential for this position to coordinate
internal processes and meet external facing requirements. Your
- Be the system project lead for all technical requirements
regarding transload operations & visbility.
- Understand the operational flow of containerized freight
inbound to USA.
- Have a solid understanding of transload and/or cross dock
operations as well as outbound FTL process.
- Provide technical support and design regarding operational flow
and supply chain analytical functions by working cross functionally
with the International Supply Chain team, Sea Logistics Operations
Team, and Intermodal Teams.
- Implement best practices with regard to data integrity.
- Coordinate with internal staff and partners.
- Travel to facilities as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned consistent with the objectives of
the business. Your Skills and Experiences
- BS or Certificate in Logistics / Supply Chain / International
business / Project Management; or equivalent in experience.
- Minimum 4 years experience in global supply chain
- Ability to think tactically and strategically.
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Outstanding planning, organization, and time management skills,
with the ability to prioritize multiple projects to meet tight
- Must be self-motivated, assertive, and able to work
independently, with minimal direction.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Products; especially Excel and
Tableau a must.
- Strong technical understanding of Systems i.e. KN applications
(or similar); Infor Nexus, WMS and ERP systems, EDI concepts and
- Solid understanding of international supply chain concepts i.e.
Principles of inventory management, distribution, procurement.
- Experience in manager level customer interaction i.e. customer
service, sales, marketing, or sales support team. Good Reasons to
Join We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits
package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent
training programs and a highly dynamic global work
Keywords: Kuehne Nagel, Newark , Sea Logistics Solutions Transload Manager, Professions , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!