School Custodian & Maintenance - Full Time, Day Sh
Company: GO Foundation
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionGreat Oaks Legacy Charter School is seeking a
School Custodian (full time, day shift) to help support our efforts
to provide a safe and sanitary school environment.
The School Custodian work consistently and creatively work to meet
the custodial needs of all students and staff by; being responsible
for all daily custodial matters, communicating with key personnel
to maintain cleanliness and acting proactively and promptly
addressing custodial matters when they arise.
Key responsibilities include:
- Cleans floors of classrooms, offices, special rooms, corridors,
stairs, entrances, lobbies, and cafeteria as assigned.
- Removes debris on sidewalks leading to the building as
- Sweeps, dry mops, wet mops, vacuums, shampoos, strips, seals,
buff, and wax floors as assigned.
- Cleans and disinfects daily the drinking fountains, bathroom
floors, bowls, seats, and urinals in restrooms as assigned.
- Fills paper and soap dispensers in assigned areas as
- Performs preventative maintenance in accordance with
- Opens classroom doors and entrance doors prior to the start of
the school day or closes doors and windows and secures lights prior
to leaving post daily in accordance with the established
- Moves furniture and equipment within the building as
- Stores supplies and delivers supplies to teachers as
- Performs light maintenance and painting tasks as needed and
- Sets up, breaks down, and cleans the cafeteria/shared space
room as scheduled or as needed.
- Follows established procedures to ensure staff and student
safety in the building.
- Removes trash and other materials from school grounds in
accordance with the established schedule.
- Participates in staff development opportunities to enhance
job-related skills and knowledge.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the School
Leaders.Qualifications and SkillsThe School Custodian must have:
- Commitment to the GOLCS mission and belief that all students
can be successful.
- High school diploma or equivalent training/experience.
- Previous experience in custodial-type work.
- Able to meet the demands of the position including, but not
limited to being able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds.COMPENSATION &
BENEFITSGreat Oaks Legacy Charter School offers competitive
salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits
- Robust medical, dental, and vision insurance plans w/
comprehensive network coverage.
- Up to $5,250 per year in tax exempt student loan and tuition
- Reimbursements for external professional development aligned to
- Wellness reimbursements including gym memberships, spa
services, and more.
- Online counseling services - for staff and their dependents -
via top-rated therapy app.
- Pre-tax state pension plan benefit w/ addl. options available
via voluntary retirement plans.
- Pre-tax dependent care, health, and transit flexible spending
- Convenient health screening and telemedicine support via
VitalCheck Wellness platform. ABOUT GREAT OAKS LEGACY CHARTER
SCHOOLThe Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is a high-performing,
innovative charter public school in Newark NJ, serving students
from Pre-K to 12th grade on campuses across the city of Newark. Our
mission is to prepare Newark's students for success in college and
beyond.Our model is based on the following guiding principles that
guide our work daily –
- Creating a community that is built upon genuine and meaningful
relationships. GOLCS staff rate our commitment to students as the
#1 reason they teach/work at our schools.
- Being surgical in our approach to differentiation of
instruction and support for all students and team members. Our
students receive daily tutoring embedded into their school schedule
- facilitated by our AmeriCorps team members. Staff members receive
individualized coaching and support in their roles.
- Setting and exceeding high expectations for academic growth and
character development for all students, in preparation for success
in college and beyond. Currently, the historical college
matriculation rate for GOLCS is 79% - nearly twice the national
average for economically underrepresented
INFORMATIONDIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, & ACCESSIBILITYGOLCS is
committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse
backgrounds and experiences of our students. Furthermore, we
believe that racial justice and equity is critical to our mission
of preparing students for success in college and beyond. We strive
to be an organization that is diverse, equitable, inclusive, and
elevates our student voices in preparing them for life and college.
GOLCS VACCINATION POLICY & COMMITMENT TO SAFETYGreat Oaks Legacy
Charter School is committed to ensuring healthy and safe working
and learning environments, and maintaining our educational
commitment to GOLCS students and families - with minimal disruption
to instruction. With this in mind, as of October 2021, Great Oaks
Legacy requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees.
Candidates who would like to apply for a reasonable accommodation
from this policy based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held
religious belief should reach out to HR@greatoakslegacy.org for
more information. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENTGreat Oaks Legacy
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: GO Foundation, Newark , School Custodian & Maintenance - Full Time, Day Sh, Professions , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!