Infrastructure Analyst V
Company: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Horizon BCBSNJ employees must live in New Jersey, New York,
Pennsylvania, Connecticut or Delaware Job Summary: This position is
responsible for monitoring, supporting, and participating in the
development/enhancements of distributive system management
- Serves as level 3enginner to resolve issues related to
messaging applications (i.e. Exchange, Skype, etc.).
- Provide guidance to junior infrastructure analysts and follows
guidance and direction from management.
- Optimizes the performance and availability of the messaging
environment through monitoring, patching, software tools, and
- Works with industry leaders and experts to continually improve
the messaging environment. Acquire knowledge of new technologies
and work with the messaging team and other departments to analyze
and propose these new technologies.
- Manage vendor relations for products in use in the messaging
- Perform day to day operations to maintain SLAs and business
- Work with the messaging team to resolve issues and escalate
issues when necessary to management.
- Take ownership of assigned level II and III issues and be
responsible for follow up from end to end.
- Installation and configuration of messaging applications.
- Documenting processes and procedures for infrastructure
- Ability to implement architectural changes infrastructure
changes of entire systems.
- Ability to suggest, recommend and plan, Architectural changes
to infrastructure Ability to run technical meetings with peers and
- Bachelor Degree preferred or relevant work experience required
in lieu of degree Work Experience:
- 9+ years of related IT work experience. Knowledge:
- Requires knowledge of messaging technologies (i.e. Exchange,
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft server technologies and WinTel
- Requires understanding in email platforms/technologies
- Change Management methodologies preferred Skills:
- Requires strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Requires excellent communication skills and ability to write
and discuss clear procedures regarding technical issues
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to
interface with all levels of personnel.
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability develop project plans
- In depth knowledge of Exchange On-Prem
- In depth knowledge of Skype
- In depth knowledge of M365
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- In depth knowledge of storage concepts
- Knowledge of Enterprise Faxing
- Knowledge of Enterprise Vault or related journaling/archiving
- In Depth knowledge of Microsoft Teams
- Knowledge of servers and Server OS
- Ability to Patch applications
- Knowledge of legal hold and discovery as it relates to
- Ability to work with the Vulnerability Team to analyze
vulnerabilities and recommend remediation
- Skilled in capacity planning, analysis, and performance
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Proven knowledge and expertise in planning and executing
- Demonstrate technical and advisory leadership for customers,
and consultants and effectively communicate technical and business
- Ensure standardization of systems implementation, support
techniques, and adherence to formal processes, change control, best
practices, and total quality practices in all activities.
- Good understanding of networking protocol such at TCP/IP, DHCP,
DNS, WINS, SNMP, OSI layers, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, VLANs,
telnet, FTP, Secure FTP, VPN, HTTP, and HTTPS, Load Balancers (F5,
Radware, Cisco, and NLB) Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New
Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or
status as an individual with a disability and any other protected
class as required by federal, state or local law. Horizon will
consider reasonable accommodation requests as part of the
recruiting and hiring process.
Keywords: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield, Newark , Infrastructure Analyst V, Professions , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!