$2,500 sign on bonus- Repair Technician
Posted on: November 22, 2021
STERIS is a leading provider of infection prevention and
procedural products and services, focused primarily on the critical
markets of healthcare, pharmaceutical and research and medical
devices. Our mission is to help our Customers create a healthier
and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science
product and service solutions around the globe. We have 12,000
employees worldwide, with over 3,000 in Customer-facing sales and
service roles. Founded as Innovative Medical Technologies in Ohio
in 1985, the company was renamed STERIS in 1987. Many of the
businesses that have been acquired and integrated into STERIS have
much longer operating histories, notably the American Sterilizer
Company founded in 1894. The STERIS Vision is inspired by our
Customers' efforts to create a healthier and safer world, and
guided by our legacy of leadership and innovation; we strive to be
a Great Company. To STERIS, this means we will make a difference by
providing world-class product and service solutions for our
Customers, safe and rewarding work for our People, and superior
returns for our Shareholders.
- ** $2,500 sign on bonus offered ***
- You do not have to have previous experience in this field in
order to be considered. We will train you.
- Individuals with transferable experience working---in HVAC
repair, general maintenance and installation, jewelry repair,
welding, automotive, residential home repair, plumbing, electrical,
small engine repair, computer repair, equipment repair, diesel
repair, machine repair, aviation repair, hospital sterile
processing, etc. often have transferable skills into this
- Click this link to watch a short video that explains more about
is the Repair Technician role crucial to our business and our
- With surgical instruments that are sharpened and working
properly, surgeons can focus on the patient.
- Some of our Customers choose to utilize our mobile repair
service, where we perform sharpening and repairing of their
surgical instruments on site at the hospital, which means
convenience for our Customers.
- Some of our Customers choose to utilize our in house repair lab
service, where we are set up full time inside their hospital, where
they have access to our repair team whenever they need, which means
efficiency for our Customers.
- Some of our Customers choose to send their surgical instruments
into one of our five national repair centers, where we have teams
ranging from 25-40 that are ready to repair their instruments and
return them back to the Customer within days.Duties
- Performs basic to intermediate level repairs and maintenance on
stainless surgical instrumentation at hospitals and surgery centers
in a designated territory. This work is performed on a mobile
repair truck, inside a repair lab or inside a hospital, using
grinding wheels, buffing wheels, various hand and power tools,
- Becomes familiar with Customer reporting and contractual/
regulatory requirements for assigned territory and provides input
to completing daily required documentation.
- Complies with work schedules, established team standards and
protocols to ensure a safe, productive and respectful work
- Appropriately identifies risks/issues and escalates timely and
- High School Diploma or GEDRequired Experience
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- Strongly prefer 1 year of surgical instrument experience or
CRCST/ SPD Foundations training completion.
- Must be able to meet flexible schedules with occasional
early/late hours and occasional overnight.
- Must be able to pass a DOT medical/ physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving
- Must be at least 21 years old to meet the FMCSA age requirement
for commercial interstate driving.
- Must maintain required vaccines.What can STERIS offer you?We
Offer a Comprehensive Benefits Package, including:
- Growth opportunity, we offer 3 levels of Repair Technician you
can advance through
- Competitive pay
- Annual merit bonus and incentive plans
- Extensive hands-on training and development
- All necessary tools provided
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistanceIND123
Keywords: STERIS, Newark , $2,500 sign on bonus- Repair Technician, Professions , Morristown, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!