IT SUPPORT TECH,SR (Hourly)
Company: Parsons Corp.
Posted on: November 12, 2019
You approach each relationship as a partnership; you want to fully
understand a person's needs and are very strategic in addressing
them uniquely; your caring disposition allows to you come up with
innovative solutions to ensure the most comfortable, efficient and
satisfying result for your end users. You possess an innate ability
to think about how your current service will tie into future
service needs for the business. If you are at your best when
helping others, then our organization wants to hear from you.
In this role, you will provide tier II technical support for the
installation, repair, and maintenance of Apple computers,
workstations and related software and hardware used in the Parsons
environment and be the go-to person for all Apple products and
technology. Even with being the Apple go to person, you should have
a wide knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems and
applications to support in other areas as necessary. You will work
with others in the end user computing support team and other IT
work groups to implement, maintain and troubleshoot specific
issues, questions and problems associated with individual computers
or related hardware.
* Provide in-person analytical and technical support for the
installation, repair, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting,
upgrades, modifications and enhancements to individual
workstations, personal computers, related hardware and software.
May have special knowledge and skills in specialized areas required
to support Parsons end user computing environment. Working
knowledge of operating within a cloud centric environment.
* Troubleshoot software and hardware questions, issues, problems
and failures with workstations, personal computers, related
hardware and software.
* Screen and diagnose internal inquiries and work requests for
maintenance of personal computers. Identify incidents, issues,
questions and problems that are beyond the scope of the work group
and refer those to higher-level End User Support staff members or
to other IT groups.
* Recommend changes to existing procedures.
* Provide direction and training to lower-level End User Support
* Assure all activities are documented and reported according to
Parsons and IT standards.
* Regularly follows up with end users to ensure that questions,
issues and problems have been resolved to the user s
* Maintain knowledge of current trends in the development of end
user hardware and software.
* May work with third-party vendors and contractors in handling
routine installation, maintenance and use of their products and
* Assist with project mobilization activities; may work with
projects having to do with IT infrastructure hardware.
High school diploma and 4-6 years of related work experience
providing support to end users or working in an IT support role, or
an equivalent combination of work experience and education. A
2-year degree in Computer Science (or related curriculum) and
knowledge of engineering applications preferred.
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) preferred.
Apple Training & Certifications:
* Knowledge of Microsoft operating system, macOS, Linux and
applications as well as a very good knowledge of personal computer
technology, including a variety of computer models, printers and
peripherals. Knowledge/understanding of virtual desktop and mobile
* Knowledge of the MIS environment and a functional knowledge of
assigned areas of specialized technical expertise.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to identify, analyze and resolve technical issues,
questions and problems with hardware and software
* Written, oral and verbal communication skills appropriate for the
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this
opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the
world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a
broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling
some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to
diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected
Keywords: Parsons Corp., Newark , IT SUPPORT TECH,SR (Hourly), Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!