Proposal Specialist I
Company: Michael Baker International
Posted on: May 19, 2019
WHO WE ARESupported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100
locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of
engineering and consulting services, including design, planning,
architectural, environmental, construction and program management.
Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments,
foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients.
Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence
that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and
technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex
challenges.CORPORATE/FUNCTIONAL PRACTICEMichael Baker International
understands that people require choices in where they want to begin
to build a sustainable future. For more than 75 years, Michael
Baker International has maintained an entrepreneurial work
environment that fosters great careers, which ultimately has
brought great success to the organization. Michael Baker offers
many opportunities to help you grow professionally to build your
career. Whether it is in Finance, IT, Human Resources, Technology,
Communications, Proposal Production, Legal or our National Practice
and Market segments, take your next step with us and help make a
difference in the lives of those you work with and those we
serve.DESCRIPTIONAs a part of our Regional Proposal Production
Team, the Proposal Specialist I will work collaboratively with
technical leads to prepare winning proposals, qualifications, and
interview presentations. They will perform the role of project
manager for proposal development efforts. This position will
require close coordination with the technical staff and various
technical professionals dispersed throughout Michael Baker
International's other offices. We are committed to the growth of
our internal personnel and we support this with world class
learning and development, including internal training that leads to
career advancement. As your knowledge and capabilities increase,
you will be able to explore our management and technical career
- Work collaboratively with technical leads to prepare winning
proposals, qualifications submittals, and interview
- Act as project manager of proposal efforts, including: lead
kick off meeting to define expectations, identify tasks and assign
responsibilities, and develop production schedule; assist technical
capture manager in developing win themes; complete tasks and
assigned responsibilities, and adhere to proposal schedule;
draft/edit text; schedule reviews; final submittal production and
- Writing and editing of resumes and project descriptions, the
development and maintenance of proposal materials, research, and
other miscellaneous coordination; uses internal database
information to support proposal efforts.
- Use project management and communication skills to manage,
organize, and prioritize multiple projects and meet competing
deadlines. Diagnoses issues in need of escalation; promptly reports
issues to Manager and asks for help.
- Participate in business development and strategy meetings as
needed, supporting development of content for proposals, and
creating marketing collateral.
- Provide guidance and support to junior level/less experienced
proposal staff to assist them in completing their duties.
- The position can be located in either Newark, NJ or NYC with
time shared between offices as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent
combination of education and experience
- 4-6 years of experience in the planning, preparation, and
production of architectural and engineering proposals and
qualifications packages for government and private clients.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to manage, organize, and prioritize project assignments
to meet competing deadlines.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and document formatting and
organization skills, ability to assist in developing strategic
approaches and concepts.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with good customer service, organization, and
conceptual thinking skills.
- Work independently and within a team setting to support
proposal related tasks and assignments
- Familiarity with the AEC industry and government Standard Form
- Familiarity with regional and local proposal submission
requirements and procedures.
- Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Availability to occasionally travel to other regional
- Familiarity reviewing solicitations (RFP, RFQ, RFI) to develop
the proposal schedule and assignments.
- Experience providing proposal and marketing support in the
- Understanding of Federal and Transportation markets a
- Knowledge of standard government forms (e.g., SF330).
- Experience using Deltek Vision, Adobe Creative Suite, and
various other software programs.
Keywords: Michael Baker International, Newark , Proposal Specialist I, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!