Executive Account Rep-Patient Monitoring (NY)
Company: Medtronic Inc.
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Careers that Change Lives
The Medical Surgical Portfolio strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions.
This position is an exciting and new opportunity to work with Medtronic's Patient Monitoring, Respiratory Interventions and/or Medical Care Management Systems businesses. Currently a part of Medtronic, these businesses are being transitioned either into a new stand-alone company (currently referred to as NewCo) or will be merged into the business of another company. While you will start your employment with Medtronic, upon establishment of NewCo or upon the transition of the business unit to another company, in approximately 12-15 months (if we can designate timing; this was in the public announcement) your employment will transfer to one of these entities and you will no longer be employed by Medtronic.
The business will have the same singular focus, financial commitment, deep domain expertise, and global footprint needed to accelerate the development and commercialization of affordable and scalable healthcare technologies.
As an Executive Account Representative with our Patient Monitoring (PM) Operating Unit (OU), you will promote the PM product portfolio that consists of industry leading respiratory and operating room monitoring devices. As a goal-driven Executive Account Rep, you are the primary person responsible for driving revenue generating sales to key hospital personnel and the end customer. Your primary responsibilities include accurately forecasting your business, owning customer relationships, understanding and targeting customer product needs, contracting, and developing and executing the sales strategy around those opportunities.
Bring your sales talents to a leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation, our medical technologies open doors. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
A Day in the Life
* Responsible for driving capital and consumable product portfolio sales that addresses PM portfolio
* Drives opportunity identification and sales activities at IDN level and high opportunity hospitals across PM
* Identifies competitive conversion opportunities
* Lead territory opportunity development and activities that translate to accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual projections. The Executive Account Rep will maintain sole ownership of providing accurate forecasts to their Regional Business Manager each reporting period for their territory
* Identify, qualify, prepare, and execute effective sales strategies that maintain the existing base of business and support the close of competitive and revenue growth opportunities
* Probe, develop, and close all related product sales inquiries/leads with existing customers within assigned geographic territory
* Coordinate and collaborate with regionally aligned field sales team to drive incremental PM revenue and achieve target sales goals
* Develop, negotiate, close, and manage profitable agreements
* Effectively utilize and update sales tools to accurately address trends in existing base of business, create call strategies, and to manage territory and strategic business plans
* Effectively deliver strategic messaging in a variety of settings, including trade shows, presentations, and board meetings
* Provide product feature and benefit application consultation, drive value messaging, as well as clinical support
* Lead the local team in the coordination and support of clinical evaluations and pre-sales support
* Conduct post-sales activities, including implementation, product education, in-servicing, and ongoing support
* Maintain and build customer relationships to understand, align, and support customer initiatives
* Maintain detailed level of knowledge of related products and applications
* Maintain a comprehensive understanding of related programs and value-added offerings
* Utilize Account Rep and Clinical resources in an efficient and cost-effective manner to optimize sales process
* Inform Regional Business Manager and local area team members of new account opportunities
* Complete all assigned projects and administrative duties in a timely manner
* Consistently maintain all Vendor Credentialing requirements
Diversity & Inclusion
We seek out and hire a diverse workforce at every level: We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader - that's why we make it a point to seek out, attract and develop employees who are patient-centric, passionate, and who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients. To learn more about Inclusion & Diversity at Medtronic Click Here
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
* Bachelors degree required
* 3+ years of field sales experience
Nice to Have
* Documented sales success (achievement to quota) in medical capital equipment and/or consumables
* Experience selling across multiple departments within the acute care hospital.
* Prior experience selling at the IDN executive level
* Able to quickly compile contracts with supporting financial business case
* Proven ability to succeed in complex sales and clinical environments
* Contracting experience
* Strong computer expertise and business application
* Thorough understanding of the sales process
* Understanding of the medical sales arena
* Strong verbal and written communication; exceptional client interaction skills
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
Careers that Change Lives
Keywords: Medtronic Inc., Newark , Executive Account Rep-Patient Monitoring (NY), Other , Newark, New Jersey
here to apply!