Real Estate Intern
Company: Capstone Elite
Posted on: May 24, 2023
*Real Estate Leasing & Marketing Intern/Co-op*
Capstone Elite is seeking a student from an NJ institution of higher learning to join our Real Estate Intern/Cooperative (Co-op) Program. This experiential learning Program features cooperative education that lasts up to 6 months (May - October) and will include immersive experiences in leasing, marketing, and operations aspects of residential real estate with the possibility to continue to work with us part-time around your class schedule during the school year. This opportunity to assist in the busy and dynamic Leasing season can provide you with great development and a meaningful experience as you progress in your professional career.
Our Program is designed for students interested in learning the many facets of a residential property management firm and is ideal for someone who wants a career in real estate with the opportunity to transition into a full-time Associate's role after graduation.
*A bit more about what you'll do---*
The Summer segment of the program focuses on the Leasing aspect of real estate where you work to deliver extraordinary customer experiences while driving sales through the relentless execution of Capstone Elite's sales process.
As you begin your journey, you are a helper, whose primary goal is to help people move into the next chapter of their life by helping them find their new homes. Your enthusiasm for apartment living is something that's installed and carried with you every day as you enter the office. You are a great reader of emotions and a great anticipator of people's needs and this helps you personalize all interactions with your customers. You love getting acquainted with your market, having a thorough understanding of just not your competition, but also local events and incentives that would entice people to want to move into the residences you are leasing. You will
* Be responsible for the consumer life cycle including acquisition of residents utilizing defined sales process, providing excellent customer service, and retention of residents.
* Lease apartments in accordance with policy and procedures set by Capstone Elite, assist in marketing the residences and generating traffic.
* Follow the sales process for on-site visits which includes: answering incoming calls, scheduling sales appointments, greeting future residents, presenting the available rental units through personal tours, and following up on inquiries.
* Support any team member that may need assistance on management, operations, maintenance, and accounting.
After the Summer busy season, transition to a support role during the school year (hours flexible based on your class schedule) to work on special projects, property acquisitions, research & development, process improvement, preventative maintenance, and new client acquisition.
*Summer Duties/ Responsibilities include:*
* Greeting prospective residents; determining the needs and preferences of the prospect and professionally presenting specific residences while providing information regarding features and benefits.
* Answering incoming calls in a cheerful and professional manner. Handle each call accordingly whether it is a prospect call or an irate resident that just moved in.
* Accompanying prospects to residences and discussing size and layout of rooms, available amenities, such as swimming pool, tennis courts, location of shopping centers, services available, and terms of the lease.
* Demonstrating thorough knowledge and use of lead tracking system. Make follow-up calls to prospective Residents who did not fill out an application.
* Processing all applications in accordance with company policy and procedures, and notifying the prospect of results.
* Completing lease agreement and collecting rental deposits.
* Adhering to all fair housing laws.
* Maintaining professional appearance as defined by the Employee Handbook.
* Answering, screening and forwarding phone calls for leasing agents.
* Maintaining multiple leasing appointment calendars
* Miscellaneous administrative tasks, including assisting management, operations, and maintenance
* Inspecting properties and reporting damages, hazards, and concerns to Operations
* Running leasing reports, updating listings of available rental units, and providing status reports at team meetings.
*Candidates Should Meet the Following:*
* Interest in pursuing a career in residential leasing, sales, or development in real estate.
* Excellent communicator, written and oral
* Strong computer skills including web-based applications such as Google Apps
* Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
* Comfortable working with a team or individually
* Self-motivated, disciplined, driven
* Professional demeanor and eagerness to learn
*Required Education, Experience, and Skills*
* Candidates must be enrolled in an NJ institution of higher learning in the process of earning a BA or BS in Business or related degree programs
* Candidates must have completed at least 2 years of college course work by June 2022
* Candidates must be available to work part-time or full-time for Summers and part-time during the school year
* Candidates must have critical thinking skills to carry out instructions and make decisions within the scope of authority
* Candidates must have problem-solving skills involving several variables
* Candidates must have an ability to follow policies and procedures and be an active members of a team
* Candidates must have proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
* Candidates must have excellent English communication skills, oral and written.
* Candidates must have an ability to adapt communication to international audiences
* Candidates must have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
*Preferred Experience and Skills:*
* At least 1 year of related sales and customer service experience in a fast-paced service environment (ie, property management, hospitality, retail, restaurant etc.).
* Must be familiar with setting/achieving goals with the ability to follow a sales process
* Ability to provide exceptional customer service to address the needs of current and future residents in a friendly and professional manner.
* A reliable mode of transportation.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
* Ability to read, write, and speak English.
* Candidates should have GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Candidates should have additional language fluency highly desirable
* Love and passion for Newark is a plus
*Who we are ---*
*Capstone Elite*, located on the NJIT campus, is a boutique full-service property management company, managing 100+ privately managed residences, in an excellent location, that specializes in roommate matching for students living off-campus and working professionals seeking housing in the vibrant downtown, University Heights, and Ironbound neighborhoods of Newark, NJ.
Capstone Elite offers attractive total compensation packages designed to recognize and reward performance at the individual, team, and company levels. We start with a competitive base salary and add bonus opportunities and benefit choices topped off with:
* *Expected pay rate of $15.00 - $20.00 + competitive commissions.* You will be provided a pay rate that is in line with your skills and experience as they relate to the requirements of the job.
* *Minimum 15 hours per week *with opportunities to take on additional hours
* *Base salary* plus *commission structure.*
* Opportunity for *extended time-off with benefits* during slower parts of the year.
* Up to *100% Reimbursement* on Professional Certification/Licensing for Job Related Curriculums.
* *Discounted Rent* at Capstone Elite residences (certain exclusions apply, and an application is required).
* 15 hours of paid time annually to *give back to your community.*
* Opportunities for professional development and career growth including realistic job previews, in-person and virtual leadership training, and performance improvement courses.
*Employee Status: *Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
*Flexible Work Arrangements: *Yes
*Valid Driving License: *Yes
*Number of Openings: *2
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Pay: $15.00 - $25.00 per hour
* 1 year
* 2 years
* No experience needed
* Under 1 year
* 8 hour shift
* Choose your own hours
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Newark, NJ 07103: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Work: 1 year (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
*Real Estate Leasing & Marketing Intern/Co-op*
Keywords: Capstone Elite, Newark , Real Estate Intern, Other , Newark, New Jersey
here to apply!