Vice President, Principal Software Engineer
Company: PGIM Global Short Duration High Yield Fund, Inc.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Technology - Engineering & Cloud
Are you interested in building capabilities that enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency? The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA! When you join our organization at Prudential, you'll unlock an exciting and impactful career - all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world's leading financial services institutions.
Your Team & Role
As a Vice President, Principal Software Engineer in the Global Technology CTO organization, you will partner with product owners, tech leads, designers, engineers and delivery professionals to build and support enterprise scale applications. You will set technical standards and bring deep technical expertise and experience as you code, test and debug new and existing applications as you implement capabilities to solve sophisticated business problems, deploy innovative products, services and experiences to delight out customers! As a technical expert, you will bring excellent problem solving, communication and teamwork skills, along with agile ways of working, strong business insight, an inclusive leadership attitude and a continuous learning focus to all that you do.
Here is What You Can Expect on a Typical Day
* Build applications ensuring that the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards, using modern design patterns and architectural principles; remove highly complex technical impediments and align the roadmap
* Develop high quality, well documented and efficient code adhering to all applicable Prudential standards
* Collaborate with product owners in understanding needs and defining feature stories, tech leads in defining technical design and other team members to understand the system end-to-end and deliver robust solutions that bring about business impact
* Write unit, integration tests and functional automation, researching problems discovered by quality assurance or product support, developing solutions to address the problems
* Bring an expert understanding of relevant and emerging technologies, provide technical guidance and leadership to team members and role-model our continuous learning culture by embedding learning and innovation in the day-to-day
* Work on critical applications, maintain a broad knowledge of innovative principles and theory
The Skills & Expertise You Bring
* Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering or experience in related fields
* Lead and effectively leverage diverse ideas, experiences, thoughts and perspectives to the benefit of the organization
* Experience with agile development methodologies and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
* Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and switch contexts quickly
* Hands-on experience building and supporting enterprise scale applications using modern architecture techniques using cloud technologies
* Demonstrated ability of abstract thinking, defining and delivering full stack architectures
* Hands on experience with various application frameworks such as Spring, React, Quarkus
* Hands on experience with various application design patterns such as events, messaging, caching, distributed state management, long running workflows etc.,
* Hands on experience on various application security patterns such SAML, OAuth, OIDC, JWT
* Hands on experience on application observability
* Deep understanding of K8S runtime environment
* Experience with data management patterns
* Knowledge of business concepts tools and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business
* Ability to learn new skills and knowledge on an on-going basis through self-initiative and tackling challenges
* Excellent problem solving, communication and collaboration skills
* Significant experience and/or deep expertise with the following:
* Programming Languages: Python, Java or Java Script; working in distributed systems, object oriented programming, design patterns and design methodology; JAVA services using Spring CLI, Maven, Microservice, multi-threading, Concurrency and parallel processing
* Frameworks: React, Springboot, Node.js, such as Full / MEAN / MERN stack
* Data Store: NoSQL or Relational Data structures; MongoDB BPM tools
* Data Streaming: SQS, Kinesis
* Application Programming Interfaces (API): Consumption & Development; implementing service oriented architecture (SOA) patterns; Web service technologies such as APIs, REST, JSON, SOAP, XML, JDBC, MySQL
* Unit, interface and end user testing concepts and tooling (functional & non-functional)
* Automated testing
* Accessibility awareness
* Software security skills including secure coding, web application security and DevSecOps; Solid grasp of security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature, JWT), SSL, web service proxies, firewall, SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0)
* Dev Ops Tools & Practices: Branching techniques and usage of GitHub, Bitbucket or Subversion; DevOps, Jenkins
* Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC): Monitoring and logging techniques
* AWS Core Services: AWS Services such as CloudWatch, Code-Deploy
* AWS Development
* Architecture Patterns
* Design Thinking
* Experience deploying applications to AWS, ECS, EC2 instances
* Preferred qualifications:
* AWS Certified Developer - Associate
* AWS Solutions Architect - Associate
* Oracle Certified Associate or Professional
* Financial/Insurance industry experience is a plus, not a must
You'll Love Working Here Because You Can
Join a team and culture where your voice matters; where every day, your work transforms our experiences to make lives better. As you put your skills to use, we'll help you make an even bigger impact with learning experiences that can grow your technical AND leadership capabilities. You'll be surprised by what this rock-solid organization has in store for you.
Note: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $189,600.00 to $256,400.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email email@example.com to request assistance.
Keywords: PGIM Global Short Duration High Yield Fund, Inc., Newark , Vice President, Principal Software Engineer, Other , Newark, New Jersey
here to apply!