Company: New Jersey Institute of Technology
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Theater - Operations & Maintenance
Manager, Theater Operations
Provide skilled, theatre specific labor to support theatre operations, including Theatre Program productions, university and community rental theatre events. These services are scheduled on an as-needed, hourly basis by the Manager of Theatre Operations. These people perform a myriad of tasks depending upon the need at hand. Most people specialize in one or two areas listed below, but are frequently familiar with most of them. Successful Theatre Operations depend upon having several people on board in each area. These people accept work as they are called for it. Because they may not always be available, several people
- Audio Engineering: setup, mic, mix and record people, bands, and other audio presentations. Theatrical Electrician: Hang, cable, focus lighting equipment, program and operate lighting control system. Follow Spot Operator: Operate follow spots for events according to the instructions of the Stage manager.
- Stagehand: transport and setup furniture and other equipment for events; rearrange them as needed during an event.
- Scenic Carpenter: Construct stage scenery to the required specifications.
- Scenic Painter: Paint theatrical scenery to the specifications of the Scenic Designer. Rigger: Safely suspend equipment overhead and operate the fly system during events.
Audio assistant, Usher, Wardrobe Assistant, Props Assistant.
- At least two years of experience in technical theatre operations.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Member of IATSE.
Part-Time Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark , Theatre Overhire, Other , Newark, New Jersey
here to apply!