Tutor/TA - Talent Search Program
Company: New Jersey Institute of Technology
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Title:Tutor/TA Talent Search ProgramDepartment:TRiOReports
To:Director TRIO ProgramsPosition Type:StaffPosition Summary:Under
the Direction of the Trio Program Director and staff, the TA/Tutor
will assist Program Instructors with the delivery of in-class
instructional materials, as well as assist program participants
with their adjustment to the program.Essential Functions:
- To help facilitate classroom instruction to assist students
with comprehending classroom work and instruction.
- Provide tutorial assistance in assigned study hall, assist with
- Assist the program counselors with planning and evaluation of
- Inform the Program Director and other staff on matters
regarding the progress of students enrolled in the program.
- Supervise and ensure the safety of all participants.
- Function as role models and assist staff with other
program-related activities such as field trips, seminars, office
work, etc.Prerequisite Qualifications:
- Must have a college degree or be enrolled in college making
satisfactory academic progress.
- Should have a 2.5 or higher GPA.
- Must have the ability to relate to minority and disadvantaged
high school students.
- Candidate must be available to attend training and orientation
and must observe and enforce all of the program policies, rules and
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience
prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate
to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of
education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for
success in the position.FLSA:Non-ExemptPart-Time
Keywords: New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark , Tutor/TA - Talent Search Program, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!