Medical Assistant / Department of Pediatrics
Company: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital New Brunsw
Posted on: November 22, 2022
- Responsible for obtaining authorizations for our patient s
radiology and cardiac testing, and performing duties independently
following established and standardized procedures and methods,
including referring questionable situations to immediate supervisor
- Communicate with insurance carriers to obtain authorizations
for procedures and pharmaceuticals.
- Handle patient s requests for medical information, copies of
medical records, refills, test results, etc. as instructed by the
physician with signature, obtains patient release forms in
accordance with patient confidentiality and medical record release
policies. Schedule testing (in or out of office) Call in patient s
prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Prepare - exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments;
patients for examination and treatment.
- Take the patient's brief history and vital signs.
- Perform routine medical testing, i.e. blood testing, EKGs,
pulmonary function tests, spirometry tests, hearing, vision
(including color blindness test), urinalysis, rapid strep tests and
drug screening, injections, and vaccinations.
- Maintain patient files, records, and other information.
- Prepare lab requests forms and tests to be forwarded to the
lab. Post lab results and file them in patients files.
- Follow-up with patients on their condition after an office
visit, as per the physician s instructions; make calls to patients
or other physicians with results of exams.
- Notify patient of change in medications/diet and reminders
regarding appointments. Monitor patients need for weekly and/or
- Report identified safety issues such as hazardous environments
(i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and
- Notify the physician of any situation that you determine
- Maintain stock in exam rooms, work with administrative staff to
ensure supplies are maintained and ordered, as needed. Assist
administrative staff as necessary to meet patient needs.
- Report any equipment problems immediately to the supervisor.
- A high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Medical Assistant Certification Preferred
- Medical Assistant or Patient Care Tech training with knowledge
of medical terminology, registration, coding, experience with
customer service, and medical office responsibilities
- BLS certification is required. Additional Information: First
established in 1901, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center is a 665-bed
quaternary care, teaching hospital that provides comprehensive
health care for the region. Staffed with more than 800 physicians,
3200 employees, and 150 volunteers, our hospital is ready to
provide you and your family with the quality care you need. At
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, we are committed to quality and
excellence in patient care. Our goal is to exceed your expectations
and to provide you with an environment that is conducive to healing
and promotes patient safety. The Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
management and staff abide by the philosophy that all patients are
to be treated with respect, dignity, and sensitivity. RWJBarnabas
Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New
Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more
than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and
interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three
acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric
rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital). We offer
a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits,
including: Medical/Dental/Vision plans 401 (k)
Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off Short & Long Term
Disability Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance Tuition
Reimbursement Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending
AccountsRWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital New Brunsw, Newark , Medical Assistant / Department of Pediatrics, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!