Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: June 23, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... At Verizon, we have built a
world-class Accounting organization. And it just keeps getting
better! We're a collaborative team that adds significant value to
our stakeholders through advanced data analytics, driving business
insights, identifying and implementing improvements through a wide
array of digital finance automation and visualization tools, as
well as supporting enterprise-wide system implementations.We are at
the forefront of operationalizing new business initiatives. We
focus on providing opportunities for our team members to develop in
their careers through offering new challenges, networking, and
identifying opportunities for professional growth through training
and continuous feedback. Your opinion matters - we have a
continuous improvement mindset and we welcome team members to bring
new skills and ideas!
- Developing, implementing and maintaining systems, procedures
and policies by using technology knowledge to drive simplification
- Leading a team of accountants responsible for assisting with
the month end close, financial statement analysis and other tasks
related to maintenance and general accounting functions.
- Providing subject matter expertise on Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles to support the accurate treatment for
- Identifying and driving improvement opportunities for
Accounting and working closely with either internal teams or
service providers (if any) to ensure improvement opportunities are
- Handling partner concerns from internal customers and responses
to customer inquiries, ensuring issue and error resolution while
analyzing issue drivers and taking mitigating actions.
- Leading all aspects of the scheduling of the monthly data
programs and ensuring all information is accurately updated and
- Interpreting reports and records for managers, making
recommendations on possible courses of action.
- Interacting with partners from within and outside of the
- Leading reviews for accuracy of journal entries and accounting
classifications assigned to various records.Where you'll be
working...In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location
that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your
manager.What we're looking for... You're an outstanding
supervisor-you can coordinate your team and give clear direction,
while staying flexible to take care of unexpected hiccups. You're a
great communicator, winning the trust of team members, internal
customers, and external suppliers. No stranger to a fast-paced
environment and tight deadlines, you can adapt to changing
circumstances, balance opposing priorities, and combine a sense of
urgency with due care and attention to detail. You get personal
satisfaction from analyzing problems and delivering solutions to
improve business processes.You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and applications including SAP,
PeopleSoft, CPM/Essbase, Hyperion Financial Management, and/or
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel and
Access.Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting,
Finance, Economics, or equivalent.
- CPA certification (or are in the process of getting
- Knowledge of report query and design using Access, Excel or
other software products.Additionally:
- Willingness to travel up to 25%Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our page to learn more.COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementVerizon
requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon
provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal
requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized
Keywords: Verizon, Newark , Accounting Supervisor, Other , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!