Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: June 23, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... As a Specialist Systems
Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of
medium to highly complex systems. Skills include system design and
analysis as well as business skills. Works with data and project
managers to understand systems and consults with customers to
understand needs. Developments and implements new systems, corrects
software errors in existing systems, and works to improve
performance through hardware upgrades. Manages computer systems in
a business environment and is responsible for resolving technical
issues. Knowledgeable in programming, data structures, computer
systems, and software engineering.Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for
Citrix & VDI Environment.
- Troubleshoot end user issues related to Citrix and work work
with other technical functional groups and Engineering Team for all
supported technical issues related to the Citrix VDI
- Create and maintain documentation of Citrix processes.
- Deploy, test, and maintain PVS images.
- Assist in maintaining XenDesktop VDI environments.
- Provide support to customers and developers to deliver their
applications via Citrix XenApp.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot Citrix site availability and
performance issues and engage Citrix as needed.
- Interact with other technical teams as needed.
- Participate in change control procedures.*This role can sit
near any valid U.S. based Verizon work location*In this home based
role, you'll be able to work remotely.#VZITWhat we're looking
for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.Even better if
you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelors or Master's degree with relevant work
- Five or more years of progressive experience in Citrix
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) based on
Citrix XenDesktop7.x, XenApp 7.x and PVS built on vSphere ESXi
- Knowledge of application virtualization including Citrix XenApp
and AppLayering 4.x.
- Knowledge of Active Directory Group Policy (GPO)
- Experience in Desktop administration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Active Directory Group/User object
- Knowledge of application virtualization through an assortment
of technologies including Citrix XenApp, Citrix Licensing,
Storefront, User Profile Management, Server and Desktop OS - Citrix
XenServer, MS Windows Server 2016 - 2008R2, Windows 10 VDI.
- Experience with the deployment of Thin Client images and
support for Thin PC.
- Knowledge of App Layering technology, Active Directory Group
Policy (GPO) management.
- Experience of Networking, Firewalls and Troubleshooting.
- Technical writing and presentation skills with ability to
effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization
(technical resources, management).Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our page to learn more.COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementVerizon
requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon
provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal
requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized
Keywords: Verizon, Newark , Citrix Administrator, Other , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!