Principal Engineer - Kubernetes
Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: June 23, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... We are looking for a Cloud
Infrastructure Principal Engineer to join the Verizon Global
Technology Solutions (GTS) Team. The individual will join our team
and assist on Architecting, Engineering, and implementing an
enterprise-wide Kubernetes platform to implement simple/automated
Cloud adoption to containers platform to reduction of expenses as
part of IT's mission. This individual will have a good level of
technical expertise and daily hands-on implementation working in a
product team developing services in two week sprints using agile
principles. This entails programming and orchestrating the
deployment of feature sets into the EKS platform.
- Evaluate new Cloud container Solutions to determine value
within Verizon IT.
- Expertise in large containerized computing environments
utilizing Kubernetes with Docker containers for a large IT
enterprise wide environment. Also detailed institutional experience
and knowledge in Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud computing
environments including the
- integration of compute technologies. This includes
understanding of architecting and engineering large enterprise
solutions to achieve cost efficiencies, scaling, and availability
for a large enterprise environment. Decent knowledge and experience
- Evaluate technical options for meeting user needs and ensure
that system requirements are identified, prioritized, and
incorporated in an effective, efficient manner.
- Translate application requirements into system requirements
that can then be used to design and implement the operating
environment for applications to run in a Kubernetes CaaS
- Evaluate legacy application design and recommend fundamental
application redesign changes required to function in a Kubernetes
- Developing standards and providing guidance to management and
- Evaluate new Cloud CaaS Solutions to determine value within
- Perform POC (Proof of Concept) technical evaluations for new
technologies for use in the Cloud.Where you'll be working...This
hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work
from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.What we're
looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience on Server and Cloud Virtualization
- Experience in large containerized computing environments
- Experience with Docker containers for a large IT
- Experience and knowledge in Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud
computing environments including the integration of compute
- Experience leveraging and managing CI/CD tool chain products
like Jira, STASH, Git, Bitbucket, Artifactory, and Jenkins.Even
better if you have one or more of the following:
- Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or other AWS
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certification.
- Knowledge and experience implementing/supporting
- Knowledge of containers and container management
technologies(Docker, cri-o and Kubernetes).
- Knowledge of RHEL, CentOS, Alpine or any other Linux
- Knowledge of Public Cloud architectures, configurations,
services, and solutions (Amazon Web Services Cloud Formation, EC2,
ALB/NLB, S3, ASG, CloudWatch, Lambda, Fargate)
- Knowledge of scripting and automation programming -- languages
like Golang, Python, Perl, Bash.
- Knowledge of Application Architectures, microservices design,
12 factor applications.
- Knowledge of Configuration management tools like Ansible,
- Experience with Datadog, Prometheus, or other monitoring
- Knowledge of AWS EKS or Google GKE.
- Knowledge of information systems concepts, system
administration, and cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of system design and hardware at an enterprise
- Decent knowledge and experience implementing/supporting
- Decent knowledge of containers and container management
technologies; Docker and Kubernetes
- Basic understanding and managing CI/CD toolchain products like
Jira, STASH, Git, Bitbucket,
- Artifactory, and Jenkins
- Experience in systems concepts, system administration, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and deliver sound
#VZITEqual Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal
opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences,
including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At
Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed
to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages
authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for
everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their
potential and contribute their best. Check out our page to learn
more.COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new hires to
be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable
accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for
medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Keywords: Verizon, Newark , Principal Engineer - Kubernetes, Other , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!