Project Engineer - Rail Signal Systems
Company: HNTB Corporation
Posted on: June 20, 2022
What We're Looking ForResponsible for the production and
modification of design calculations, technical reports, engineering
plans and specifications for assigned projects. This position
consults with the project manager to perform research, development,
calculations, design and delivery. Applies engineering techniques,
procedures and design criteria for projects ranging in size and
complexity. Leverages technical knowledge and experience to address
design related issues or concerns, working closely with the project
manager through creative problem solving, interactions with clients
and by completing tasks to meet the project schedule. Develops
conceptual and detailed designs and calculations to support the
project completion using current drawing and technical tools,
programs and software. May mentor, train and review work of junior
engineer staff and provide constructive feedback. As a member of
the team, you will contribute to the successful project delivery
for a diverse range of projects for HNTB's clientsPrimary Focus
- Perform design calculations, including safe braking and power
- Cost estimates for signal material, cable, conduit.
- Developing complex interlocking circuits.
- Detailing of signal circuits.
- Check calculations and drawings.
- Write detailed technical descriptions for signal system
- Develop estimates of engineering hours and costs for
- Meet with customers to review technical details of the
- Plan design work into specific measurable packages.
- Organize scheduling of specific tasks and assignments and
- Programming of vital and/or non-vital processors
- Participate in factory and field testing of signal
systemsPreferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Master's degree in Engineering
- 8 years relevant experience in signal system design
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification preferred
- INDWhat You'll NeedEssential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the planning and distribution of
discipline-specific work, and adherence the to the schedule and
budget on projects.
- Assists in marketing responsibilities, including proposal
- Assists with the development of scope of work and level of
effort for projects and/or assignments within discipline.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team's work
within the technical discipline. Guides and mentors team to overall
- Coordinates technical aspects of project with client
counterpart and teaming partners at staff level for work within the
- Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline
- Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 6 years of relevant
- Master's degree in Engineering and 5 years of relevant
- PhD in Engineering and 4 years of relevant experienceAdditional
InformationClick here for benefits information: HNTB Total
RewardsClick here to learn more about EOE including disability and
vetVisa sponsorship is available for this position.\#AS
#TransitAndRailLocations:Lawrenceville, NJ, Malta, NY (Albany),
Newark, NJ, New York, NY.....NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:HNTB
does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies.
Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an
unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that
the applicant's resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will
have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without
any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person
or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements
with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter
to be eligible for placement fees.Job Type: RegularFull/Part Time:
Full timeJob Category: Engineering GroupReqID: R-09346
Keywords: HNTB Corporation, Newark , Project Engineer - Rail Signal Systems, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!