Executive Assistant - Administration
Company: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital New Brunsw
Posted on: May 12, 2022
First established in 1901, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center is
a 665-bed quaternary care, teaching hospital that provides
comprehensive health care for the region. Staffed with more than
800 physicians, 3200 employees, and 150 volunteers, our hospital is
ready to provide you and your family with the quality care you
need. At Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, we are committed to
quality and excellence in patient care. Our goal is to exceed your
expectations and to provide you with an environment that is
conducive to healing and promotes patient safety. The Newark Beth
Israel Medical Center management and staff abide by the philosophy
that all patients are to be treated with respect, dignity, and
sensitivity. We are currently looking for an Executive Assistant to
perform diverse secretarial and administrative duties for one or
more members of our Administration. The incumbent will coordinate
the flow of communications into and out of the Administrative
Office, manage the office operations, and provide administrative
and secretarial support to the team. Responsibilities:
- Provide backup coverage in the Executive Office, as
- Maintain contact with internal departments within the
institution. Refer complaints and compliments, or other pertinent
- Complete special projects for the Senior Vice President,
affiliates, consultants, Board of Directors, or other department
- Coordinate the schedule for the Senior Vice President, Nursing
& Patient Services, arranging appointments, maintaining calendars,
updating daily for self and Senior Vice President as evidenced by
- Appointments are scheduled, canceled, and rescheduled as needed
- An abbreviated schedule is prepared daily with follow-up
material attached for perusal.
- Back-up materials for meetings are prepared and sent
insufficient time for review and preparation prior to meetings.
Prepare PowerPoint slides to be used as presentation tools.
- Organize detailed travel arrangements for conferences, speaking
engagements, seminars, and business meetings by:
- Secure travel arrangements, hotel accommodations, registration
payments, and reimbursements.
- Arrange for audiovisual equipment and any materials to be
- Maintain individual files and expense logs for all trips
- Respond positively to changing circumstances to maximize the
opportunity or minimize the problem. Act decisively and take
effective action whenever necessary.
- Organize the filing system and maintain files and records such
as reports, contracts, correspondence, trips, committees, division
correspondence, and other records for the smooth operation of the
- Type and edit general and confidential correspondence,
contracts, proposals, reports, and other documents for the Senior
Vice President and affiliate committees, utilizing own knowledge,
draft material, or Dictaphone.
- Open, review, sort, and distribute mail received, bringing to
the attention of the Senior Vice President important dates,
documents, and communications requiring an immediate response.
- Prepare time cards for payroll. Check for accuracy.
- Demonstrate flexibility and take initiative.
- Perform all other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required within one (1)
year of hire (Required).
- Post-secondary courses in business, or secretarial school is
- Three to five years of secretarial experience at the executive
- Excellent communication skills, including, written and
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion, and judgment regarding
- Expertise in cooperating with employees and staff members at
all levels, and individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Strong project management skills in order to set and maintain
strict schedules, timetables, etc., and to remain flexible
regarding changing work volume.
- Able to compose independent correspondence, reports, memos,
etc. *Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED
equivalent will be provided the opportunity to enroll in a GED/HSEA
program at the time of hire as a condition of employment. A hired
candidate will be provided one (1) year from the date of hire to
successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA.
RWJBarnabas Health is committed to our communities and the members
we serve. RWJBH understands that in order to create strong,
healthy, and sustainable communities, we have to re-engineer and
transform current systems. Providing educational support and
resources contributes to our overall social impact mission and
community investment efforts.RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal
Keywords: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital New Brunsw, Newark , Executive Assistant - Administration, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!