Multi Line Commercial Complex Adjuster (Mid-West) (Work from home)
Company: American Family Insurance Claims Services
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Location: EC-NE Offsite Nebraska
Location: EC-SD Offsite South Dakota
Location: EC-ND Offsite North Dakota
At American Family Insurance Claims Services, Inc. we believe
people are an organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas
and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're
committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers
innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers'
dreams in ways never imagined.American Family Insurance Claims
Services, Inc is driven by our customers and employees. That's why
we provide more than just a job - we provide opportunity. Whether
you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new
to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right
place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step.
Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your
Job ID: -
R25204 Multi Line Commercial Complex Adjuster (Mid-West) (Work from
home) (Open) Compensation may vary based on the job level and your
geographic work location. Compensation Minimum:$66,800 Compensation
Job Level Summary
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own
job discipline or field.
- Leads others to solve complex problems.
- Works independently in on the most complex situations.
- May lead functional teams or projects.
- Primary Accountabilities
- Investigates origin and cause of high exposure claims by
contacting the appropriate parties including insureds, claimants,
agents, attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation
unit, other adjusters, public personnel, etc. Checks for prior
claims and recognizes environmental exposures.
- Participates in High Damage Reviews (HDR) to address coverage
issues and exposure. Handles claims on a good faith basis.
- Handles both 1st party and 3rd party claims under multiple
policies types and numerous endorsements. -
- Conducts on-site inspections when needed, evaluates damages and
handles claim negotiations with insureds, claimants, attorneys,
- Responds to customer inquiries, makes appropriate decisions and
closes file as needed.
- Interprets and determines policies, leases, by-laws,
declarations, articles and contract coverages and applies to all
parties for assigned losses. Interprets claim history
- Makes independent decisions but recognizes when assistance is
- Proactively provides all parties with claim process and status
as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other areas.
- Serves as a mentor and subject matter expert for less
experienced adjusters. Travel Requirements
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time. Working
- This position requires the ability to work in high, precarious
places between 1 and 33% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to work with exposure to
outside weather conditions between 66 and 100% of the time (applies
to field position only). Physical Demands
- This position requires the ability to climb or balance between
1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to work with distance vision
(clear vision at 20 feet or more) for extended periods of time
(applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl between 1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
between 1 and 33% of the time. Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service.
- Demonstrated ability to handle 1st and 3rd party, multi-line
claims across our operating territories.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively handle
- Extensive knowledge of policies and endorsements
- Successfully applied knowledge of each phase of the claim
handling process. Education & Licenses
- Obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as
Additional Job Information:
- This is a multi line commercial adjuster handling casualty,
auto investigations, commercial liability, general liability and
crop liability insurance.
- This is a work from home with some travel (approximately 10%)
to do investigations. When you work at American Family Insurance
Claims Services you can expect benefits that support your physical,
emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to
comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that
enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive
401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a
paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment
program and paid-family leave are available to support our
employees and their families. -Interns and contingent workers are
not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits. -We also
consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent
with applicable federal, state and local law.Stay Connected: Join
our Talent Community!LI:AB1
Keywords: American Family Insurance Claims Services, Newark , Multi Line Commercial Complex Adjuster (Mid-West) (Work from home), Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!