Bilingual Urdu / Bengali Sales Representative I - Queens and Bronx
Company: MetroPlus Health Plan
Posted on: January 15, 2022
About NYC Health + HospitalsMetroPlus Health Plan provides the
highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx,
Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a
comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New
York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus,
Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest
public health system in the United States, MetroPlus ' network
includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and
participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been
committed to building strong relationships with its members and
providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
-Position OverviewThe Sales Representative is responsible for
educating and assisting qualified individuals with purchasing
affordable health insurance coverage and/or obtaining an
eligibility determination for coverage in Qualified Health Plans
(QHPs) and insurance affordability programs such as Medicaid and
Child Health Plus (CHP) through the NY State of Health
(MarketPlace). -The Sales Representative is responsible for
identifying and educating prospective members that do not have
health insurance and/or are looking to change coverage as well as
assisting existing members with recertification and education of
benefits. -The Sales Representative is tasked with performing all
duties in accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) as well as
all other pertinent rules and regulations.This is a field position,
so while you may have a preference for a specific area, please note
that you may be deployed to a different area, based on the
organization's needs.Job DescriptionEducational/Enrollment
- Educate and provide assistance to qualified individuals with
applying for coverage through the NY State of Health Marketplace in
a Qualified Health Plan (QHP) and insurance affordability programs
such as Medicaid and Child Health Plus.
- Assist consumers/applicants with calling the NY State of Health
Customer Services Department for assistance with enrolling and/or
providing verification documentation.
- Conduct public education activities for consumers to raise
awareness of available QHPs within the Marketplace.
- Explain potential eligibility for public/governmental programs,
how the federal health insurance premium tax credit and
cost-sharing reductions work, and outline potential risk factor, if
any, to consumers.
- Describe the features and benefits of health insurance
coverage, including cost-sharing mechanisms like deductibles,
co-pays, co-insurance and how these work and/or affect the
- Describe the different metal tiers within the Marketplace and
how the benefits may change at different tiers based on the
consumer 's income.
- Conduct presentations and participate in ACA forums and
workshops upon request.
- Assist consumers with submitting documents and information as
required by the Marketplace via scan, fax or mail.
- Assist existing members with recertification, when
- Assist consumers with the submission of premium payments when
- Securing and safeguarding confidential information to prevent
Protected Health Information (PHI) from being obtained from
unauthorized personnel to ensure compliance with privacy and
- Provide information in a manner that is culturally and
linguistically appropriate to the needs of the population being
served by the Marketplace.
- Participate in all trainings, updates and webinars and other
forums in which information is necessary to carry out roles and
- Mandated to meet the annual MFE recertification
- Keep abreast of all industry and regulatory updates as it
pertains to the ACA and Marketplace.
- Maintain discretion regarding business-related files, reports
and conversations within the provisions of applicable State and
Federal Statutes and regulations.Tactical
- Maintain a daily tracking tool that entails detailed rep
- Monitor all applications in personal dashboard to ensure timely
and accurate follow through from applicants.
- Conduct a daily review of personal dashboard to address and
follow-up on any and/or all potential leads for consumers seeking
- Maintain a consistent supply of various educational and product
- Keep abreast of all the Marketplace functionalities to
effectively manage individual accounts.
- Conduct a daily review of the MetroPlus -Marketplus - lead
management program to follow-up on all new potential enrollment
leads and consumer inquiries. -Record all follow-up dispositions in
a timely and accurate manner.
- Data enter all applicant demographic, enrollment site and PCP
selection data in the required -Enrollment Program - within the
MetroPlus portal at the time of the initial enrollment
- All other tasks and responsibilities as may be required to
satisfy the expectations of the role.Minimum Qualifications
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two (2) years of Sales/Customer Relations experience
- Public Speaking experience.
- Must be in compliance with all conflict-of-interest standards
and regulations. -
- Required to work evenings and weekends.
- Bengali / Urdu / Hindi -speaking language preferredLicensure
and/or Certification Required
- Must complete and pass the NY State of Health approved training
program and become certified. -Must complete all required annual
recertification as a MFEProfessional Competencies
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Written/Oral Communications
Keywords: MetroPlus Health Plan, Newark , Bilingual Urdu / Bengali Sales Representative I - Queens and Bronx, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!