P/T FAMILY SERVICES INTERN
Company: Geo Reentry Services
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Facility: THE HARBORCompensation Base: $12.00/hourCompensation
Bonus (if applicable): Equal Opportunity Employer.SummaryUnder
direct supervisor, this intern position provides therapeutic
program services to resident offenders and is assigned a specific
caseload of resident offenders to monitor the services delivered to
them while enrolled in the Family Service Program. These services
may include didactic, psychoeducational, individual and group
counseling, peer awareness activities, therapeutic encounters,
crisis intervention, family therapy and recordkeeping and is
conducting within the scope of local certification, licensure and
credentialing authorities and in accordance with internal and
external assurances and prohibitions.Primary Duties and
- Ensures compliance with standard internal and external and
other accrediting agency contract policies and procedures.
- Under direct supervision, facilitates family program activities
in accordance with the established clinical schedules. Activities
may include process groups and therapeutic community (TC) meetings,
weekly program curriculum lectures, Life Skills seminars, caseload
groups and specialized groups focusing on the areas of Anger
Management, Relapse Prevention, Job Readiness preparation and
- Conducts initial intake sessions with new inmates assigned to
the Family Services Program and orientates them about program
requirements, reviews the inmate's criminal file and establishes a
preliminary treatment plan.
- Under direct supervision, conducts individual and family
counseling sessions which may include completing of a monthly
progress reports, monthly treatment planning, goal-setting, crisis
intervention, behavioral adjustment sessions, psychological
referrals, and discharge planning. Provides recommendations and
referral sites for continued treatment upon resident offender's
- Maintains clinical charts (electronic and hard copy versions)
for assigned inmate caseload and ensures all documentation is
completed in accordance with established deadlines and program
- Participates in compilation of data and program reporting
- Participates in staff meetings, seminars and workshops, as
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job Requirements:Minimum
- Currently enrolled in Master's degree or Doctoral program in
Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, or Martial & Family
- Knowledge of the fields of addictions or mental health
- Ability to effectively manage and organize time.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Geo Reentry Services, Newark , P/T FAMILY SERVICES INTERN, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!