Group Underwriter I
Company: Horizon Healthcare Services
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Horizon BCBSNJ employees must live in New Jersey, New York,
Pennsylvania, Connecticut or Delaware
This position provides Rating & Underwriting services and support
to the Sales team and is responsible for the production of rates
for the 51+ markets.
- Develops and issues proposal rates for group size 51+.
- Develops and issues renewal rates for group size 51+.
- Manages book of business independently up to authority limits,
providing recommendations and analysis to Sales.
- Analyzes both Account specific metrics and marketplace data to
determine appropriate rate levels.
- Approves Group Enrollment Information (GEI) and Benefit
Information Forms (BIFs) where applicable.
- Researches rate and benefit inconsistencies and issues
corrections and/or recommendations.
- Assembles data and produces ERISA 5500 reports and issues to
Sales, where applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Math, Statistics, Accounting or
relevant work experience in lieu of degree
- Analysis experience preferred.
- Requires minimum one (1) year business experience, preferably
in an insurance environment.
- Additional licensing, certifications, registrations
- Prefer knowledge of Horizon BCBSNJ products
- Prefer knowledge of underwriting principles, benefit offerings,
- financial mechanisms and rating methodology.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and
supporting software in
- a Windows based environment, including MS Office products
- PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes; Should be knowledgeable in the use
of intranet and
- internet applications.
Skills and Abilities
- Requires excellent Math abilities to be determined via
interview and/or testing.
- Analytical & Problem Solving Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Customer Focus
- Travel (If Applicable)
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with
a disability and any other protected class as required by federal,
state or local law. Horizon will consider reasonable accommodation
requests as part of the recruiting and hiring process.
Keywords: Horizon Healthcare Services, Newark , Group Underwriter I, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!