Lead Worker - Food
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Location: US-NJ-FLANDERSSystem ID: 747564Category: Food
ServiceEmployment Status: Full-TimeUnit Name: MOUNT OLIVE SDUnit
Contact: Tony KowalakTarget Hourly Rate: $15.00-$16.00 per hourUNIT
DESCRIPTION#PM #H$ #IN #CB $100 SIGN ON BONUS. We are looking for a
Lead Supervisor for Mount Olive Township Schools in Mount Olive,
NJ. Shift hours are 7:30 am - 2:30 pm. Days are Monday - Friday
following the school calendar. Food service experience required.
Medical, Dental and more benefits available. We are looking for
team players with good customer service especially with children.
The starting rate is $15.00 per hour. Benefits EligibilityFull Time
Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the
resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we
offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy
lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also
offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings
programs and access to our employee assistance program and other
discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to
all employees). Position SummaryThe Lead - Food may work in any
type of food location on client premises. This individual, under
the leadership of on-site management and/or supervisors, will
coordinate the activities of workers and/or service employees
engaged in food operations or services at smaller, less complex
facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care,
schools, universities or other establishments. The general
responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but
Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These
responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business
necessities and client requirements. General Responsibilities:
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the
facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides
suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the supervision of day-to-day activities of
subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or
functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to supervision
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as
quality, service and problem resolution.
- Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Maintains key control of operations and responsible for
activities to ensure opening, closing and daily procedures are
- Serves as working lead coordinating activities of workers or
service employees engaged in food operations or services at smaller
less complex facilities of commercial, health care facility,
school, campus or other establishments.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1 or more years of related work experience.Skills/Aptitude:
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of
staff and resources.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Ability to use a computer.General Qualifications:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity.Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sodexo, Newark , Lead Worker - Food, Other , Flanders, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!