Team Lead - Conventional Underwriting (Remote)
Company: Flagstar Bank
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Position Title Team Lead - Conventional Underwriting (Remote)
Location Work From Home MI Job Summary The team leader position
supports the direct manager of the Conventional underwriting
operations team. Underwriting operations provides credit decisions
and business support to our lenders/customers. They are a
knowledgeable source of Conventional guidelines in order to answer
questions, they oversee pipelines, employees and key service level
metrics to maintain and improve our service levels, productivity,
and growth of the business with new and existing accounts. Employee
may be required to work overtime based on business need. Job
- Provides assistance to the manager to review, assign and
prioritize the pipeline to achieve defined SLAs and goals.
- Works independently to direct/re-direct workflow multiple times
a day as necessary to achieve goals.
- Provides reports and analysis to management on workflow,
service levels, productivity and quality.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for workflow related
inquiries and issues surrounding Conventional guidelines. Explains
complex decisions and issues and deliver difficult messages in a
- Observes team behaviors, service and quality and provide
continual feedback to management. Works closely with management
and/or customer support to identify issues/trends to implement
- Answers and instructs underwriters in system and less complex
Conventional underwriting issues. Provide situational coaching and
mentoring to team members. Assists in training and ramping new
hires. Works with team to boost morale, be a role model, and
provide positive reinforcement.
- Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local
laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training.
Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance
policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date
with changing regulations and policies. Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED, or foreign equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years mortgage related experience, preferably origination,
Conventional underwriting and /or post closing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong email etiquette.
- Ability to build relationships with customers.
- Displays initiative and drive for results.
- Able to work independently.
- Problem solving and resolution skills.
- Proven decision making skills.
- Proven quality acumen.
- Ability to analyze data/reports and provide accurate
- Organizational skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Conventional UW Guidelines. For Internal use only:
Job Band E-Hrly
Keywords: Flagstar Bank, Newark , Team Lead - Conventional Underwriting (Remote), Other , Morristown, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!