Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for
its operations at Heath Village, a 420 bed
continuing care retirement community in Hackettstown,
NJ. The Executive Chef manages the food production for
resident dining, retail venues, and catered events with the focus
on resident involvement and well-being. Responsibilities include
supervision and training of the culinary staff , cost controls,
food quality and standards, food & kitchen safety and sanitation
monitors for regulatory compliance.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for the creation and development of innovative,
inventive and ground-breaking menus;
- direct and supervise kitchen operations and designated back of
- ensure that the highest possible standards of food handling and
preparation are achieved;
- control and ensure the company's and client's financial targets
- engage with peers, colleagues and patrons in a manner that
invites interaction and feedback.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are
looking for candidates who:
- possess a culinary degree;
- continuously update industry knowledge on current food trends
and ingredients, making sure they lead the way in innovation and
- are experienced in high quality cuisine, ideally to Rosette or
- have commercial acumen and a good level of computer
- are enthusiastic, confident and warm;
- have a positive approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and
impeccable attention to
Learn more about Heath Village at https://www.heathvillage.com/
Learn more about Sodexo’s
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions
in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools,
Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living
and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue
your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients
for a great career in food service management. With benefits
including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing
education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life
that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides culinary leadership within a
medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and
staff management & training. Works directly with internal and
external clients managing the catering process from beginning
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent
Management Experience - 2 years
Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary
services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering
services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an