Revenue Assurance Associate
Company: Avaya, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Businesses are built by the experiences they provide, and every
day millions of those experiences are delivered by Avaya Holdings
Corp. (NYSE: AVYA). Avaya is shaping what's next for the future of
work, with innovation and partnerships that deliver game-changing
business benefits. Our cloud communications solutions and
multi-cloud application ecosystem power personalized, intelligent,
and effortless customer and employee experiences to help achieve
strategic ambitions and desired outcomes. Together, we are
committed to help grow your business by delivering Experiences that
Matter. Learn more at www.avaya.com.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Please note - ASC 606 or prior experience with ASC 605 and
ability to do Pivot Tables and V Lookups is required for this role.
These skills MUST be listed on your resume or you will not be able
to be considered.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the
technical revenue accounting (TRA) function for the company which
includes accounting guidance for all agreements for the company.
This role is responsible for working with the members of the
revenue team to develop and establish analytical reporting. The
Candidate will be supporting the monthly and quarterly accounting
close cycles. This position will also be responsible for assisting
with preparation of reconciliations and related analysis of
assigned revenue/cost of sales accounts monthly as well as
assisting with defining and creating operating procedures and
participating in business process improvement initiatives related
to revenue accounting activities.
The qualified candidate will work closely with the revenue
accounting team as well as other groups, such as Sales and
Operations managers, Business Development, FPA, and Order
Management. To be successful in this role you will be required to
maintain a high level of accuracy, meet critical timelines and
heavy interaction with Stakeholders.
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (pivot tables, v-lookups,
etc.), as well as PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of revenue recognition standards (ASC 606,
ASC 605, ASC842)
- Must be eager to learn and ready to be a team player.
- Strong problem solving skills, and a person who takes proactive
approach to address issues and avert conflict.
- Strong time management skills and works on critical items with
a sense of urgency.
- Actively applies strategies and tactics that routinely deliver
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with reviewing complex, multi-element agreements to
support compliance with applicable external authoritative
literature and internal guidelines as it relates to ASC 606
- Works with cross-functional groups to ensure that agreements
are structured in a way that ensures revenue will be recognized
properly while following all commercial internal policies and
procedures and manages all TRA approvals internally
- Assist with preparation of all ad-hoc technical memos and other
projects as necessary
- Assist with preparation of periodic studies for technical
revenue accounting (including SSP, Customer Life, etc.)
- Works with Project Accounting Manager to support 500+ projects
within the Workday accounting system including project accounting
and cost of sales
- Perform monthly and quarterly activities in support of
financial close process including validation of all
contracts/projects have correct revenue recognition and analyzing
and explaining variances from expectations, with emphasis on cost
of sales, and CA/CL processing
- Prepare journal entries that support financial close
- Prepare required monthly/quarterly analytics for auditors and
- Provide documentation that support internal/external audit
activities and audit preparation
- Ensures adherence to all revenue related SOX controls
- Completion of Monthly Revenue Account Reconciliations
3 - 6 Years of Experience
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
Avaya is an Equal Opportunity employer and a U.S. Federal
Contractor. Our commitment to equality is a core value of Avaya.
All qualified applicants and employees receive equal treatment
without consideration for race, religion, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status
as a protected veteran or any other protected characteristic. In
general, positions at Avaya require the ability to communicate and
use office technology effectively. Physical requirements may vary
by assigned work location. This job brief/description is subject to
change. Nothing in this job description restricts Avaya right to
alter the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time
(accessible at https://www.avaya.com/en/privacy/policy/)
and applicable Privacy Statement relevant to this job posting
(accessible at https://www.avaya.com/en/documents/info-applicants.pdf).
Keywords: Avaya, Inc., Newark , Revenue Assurance Associate, Other , Morristown, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!