Blow Molding Process Development Engineer
Location: Morris Plains
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team
of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things
that make the future.
Advanced Materials is a global supplier of fluorine products,
fine chemicals, additives, metals, films and fibers for products
including pharmaceuticals, refrigeration, semiconductors and
military protection. Advanced Materials is making the world safer,
cleaner and enabling the modernization of a growing middle class by
enhancing our customer offerings through a differentiated portfolio
of chemistries, materials, value-added solutions and superior
customer service. Our mission is to attract, retain and develop
diverse and highly motivated, entrepreneurial employees striving to
flawlessly deliver superior value to our customers every day.
Honeywell is actively recruiting for a Blow Molding Process
Development Engineer to join the team in Morris Plains, NJ.
The successful candidate will provide blow molding engineering
support to the site molding operations to achieve production
volumes at the highest quality and safety. Duties require
application of blow molding process engineering principles and
practices specifically related to the material processing and
design of injection blow molds, process parameter development and
optimization, component related defects, trouble shooting,
corrective action implementation, process optimization, validation
and approval of Injection Blow Molding (IBM), Injection Stretch
Blow Molding (ISBM) and Extrusion Blow Molding (EBM) processes and
- Responsible for evaluating material properties, component
design and production requirements to identify the appropriate blow
molding process technology for the container design and polymer
- Identifies and recommends critical equipment components
required to correctly process polymer in the appropriate blow
- Conducts preliminary feasibility analysis & proof of concept of
prospective blow molding processes to assess probability of success
and select the most appropriate process for development.
- Provides input on the design and fabrication of required blow
- Complete process engineering assessment to identify processing
challenges, design limitations and corrective actions to support
proof of concept development studies.
- Designs, develops and executes DOE's to evaluate critical
process parameters and the relationship to critical quality
attributes / and CTQ's.
- Provides recommendations regarding the technical feasibility of
the method or means to resolve diagnosed problems, testing, DOE,
and corrective action plans.
- Directs the development and setting of optimum molding
parameters to achieve production volume goals at the lowest
- Working with molding technicians, customers and support
personnel, improve quality and output of molded components.
- Supervises deployment of operating parameters of molds and
processing equipment to maintain adherence to manufacturing
tolerances with proficient use of Six Sigma methodologies, TQM and
- Coordination with the Mold Manufacturer, Tooling Engineer and
mold repair personnel to trouble shoot problem molds.
- Acts as liaison between the site molding operations and HON
- Issues periodic status reports on molds and other related
- Performs equipment and mold validations to ensure budgeted cost
and quality levels are achieved. Prepares required documentation
i.e., validation protocols/reports to meet quality system
- Coordination with other Engineers and Molding Technologies
(R&D) research to improve existing plastic parts and generates
appropriate support data to gain approval for recommended
- Assures the quality of training and development of department
personnel. This is to include established and emerging technologies
- Helps establish and achieve financial goals and budgets within
desired blow molding parameters, assists in setting standard costs
for plastic parts and projected capital budget expenditures.
- Leads, plans and coordinates projects to meet quality,
productivity and cost objectives consistent with departmental
- Supports mold and press replacement, upgrades, operation and
- Integrally involved in material changes, trials, testing,
- Supports design, implementation and maintenance of all molding
- Assists in the coordination of debugging and testing of
prototypes, production and/or auxiliary equipment.
- Helps establish machine specifications and/or capital budget
requests for new equipment.
- Initiate, investigate and develop new ideas, methods, materials
and safety improvements.
- Prepare technical reports and charts detailing mold and
operational performance in relation to established goals.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree with a focus in Plastics,
- 5+ years' experience in injection blow molding, Injection
Stretch Blow Molding and Extrusion blow molding manufacturing
- Six Sigma proficiency.
- Design and implement manufacturing processes of components with
tight tolerances and quality requirements.
- Establish molding process parameters, validation of
equipment/process and appropriate capital funds as necessary
- Requires demonstrated mold, process development, DOE,
corrective action and
- Thorough knowledge of the IBM, ISBM and EBM molding process,
thermoplastic injection molds, plastic part dimensional
requirements, process development and validation procedures
- JOB ID: req259079
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 115 Tabor Road,Morris Plains,New Jersey,07950,United
- Relocation Tier:
- Band: 04
- Referral Bonus: 0
- Requisition Type: Standard Requisition
- US Citizenship:
- FLSA Statement:
- FLSA CODE: Exempt
Customer Experience (GLOBAL)
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Newark , Blow Molding Process Development Engineer, Other , Morris Plains, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!