Head of Audible Live
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that
means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because
the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also
happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As our content offerings expand, we are looking for an
experienced, strategic, and highly collaborative leader to develop
the strategy and vision and assume day-to-day leadership of Audible
Live, a new initiative to provide high quality, live video
streaming on the Audible app and website. In this newly established
role, you will lead a team single-mindedly focused on building and
delivering a distinctive, best-in-class live experience.
This role requires a combination of strategic thinking and
operational excellence, a passion for results, and an attitude that
anything is possible. Your mission is unique and powerful - help us
make history by driving the strategy, operations and expansion of
- You thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and
collaborative environment where people are driven and enthusiastic
- You're a seasoned entrepreneur who has developed and grown
successful digital platforms to scale.
- You're a visionary who takes delight in disrupting the status
quo and doesn't know the meaning of the words "too big".
- You're a born leader who can drive results from cross
- You're an exceptional verbal and written communicator with a
knack for making complex topics simple and evangelizing and
inspiring people at all levels of the organization based on a
As Head of Audible Live, you will...
- Work in lockstep with our production, talent management,
marketing, product marketing, tech and product partners to build
and deliver a distinctive, best-in-class live experience.
- Develop our Audible Live strategy through iteration, data
analysis, and constant communication with teammates throughout the
- Own go-to-market strategy and oversee implementation for
product and feature enhancements to Audible Live.
- Drive our position in an increasingly exciting market by
partnering with our talent management team to create a compelling
talent slate and clear value proposition for Audible Live.
- Work closely with Finance, Analytics and Product Marketing to
define and measure success.
- Partner with our International country leaders to drive
expansion of Audible Live to our existing international
- Be a thought leader with demonstrated ability to drive positive
change in an organization.
- Flourish in fast-paced and extremely dynamic environments with
the ability to be self-sufficient, proactive and embrace
- 10+ years experience in business strategy, product development
and product marketing, with experience in defining and driving new
products, features, benefits and ideas toward market launch
- 6+ years of work experience as a GM or Product Manager, 2+
years leading a team.
- Experience building consumer-facing products that touch
millions of users.
- Bachelor's degree.
- The ability to lead complex teams and products through launch
while handling an incredible number of moving pieces.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice.
We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer
and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks,
we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share
stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and
transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our
people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners,
storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences
power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the
power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or
other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Newark , Head of Audible Live, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!