Sr DT Analyst Transformation (Newark, NJ, US)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being
in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy.
And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An
opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for
those around you and for the planet. What you get here is
challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a
great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side
to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to
do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a
great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project
or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's
within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain.
It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure
because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better
off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a
special place to work. And why working here is always about more
than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of
history making diverse products and offering services for people
and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the
company is a global business that produces some of the world's
best-loved brands: M&M's, SNICKERS, TWIX, MILKY WAY, DOVE,
PEDIGREE, ROYAL CANIN, WHISKAS, EXTRA, ORBIT, 5, SKITTLES, UNCLE
BEN'S, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA. Mars also provides veterinary
health services that include BANFIELD Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl,
VCA and Pet Partners. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in
more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles - Quality,
Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire its
more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners
and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Purpose of Role:
The finance transformation senior analyst role carries out tasks
to support deployment of a defined activity set of IT solutions
across Mars Incorporated, ensuring the achievement of overall
schedule and benefits achievement (cost, time & quality). They will
also need a strong customer stakeholder mindset to partner with
segment Functional Experts, Mars DT Directors, and business
segment/function teams to deliver business transformation at scale,
deploy the processes and IT tools against the agreed roadmap. They
are a proven self-starter, driven for results with an ability to
work independently and within a wider global team.
- Captures business requirements and converts these into
functional and technical specifications.
- Develops a thorough functional and technical understanding of
the software applications
- Supports user acceptance testing and training activities.
- Manages project plans and delivery for smaller projects (up to
$0.3M annually) or on larger projects manages the plan for defined
- Oversees the build and delivery of application components
through the Development team and ensures successful handover to
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the relevant business
area to aid in the development of accurate and concise functional
- Ensures any contractors understand their roles and
responsibilities within the context of the project, to ensure their
contribution to overall project success.
- Identifies & understands the business and systems impact of the
solution and plans the detailed tasks required to achieve delivery
of the fully tested solution.
- Coordinates internal and 3rd party resources during
development, implementation and nurturing phases.
- During the build and implementation phases, carries out
activities to configure software packages and/or coordinates the
work of technical resources or vendors.
- Delivers solutions which are quality and functionally tested,
with supporting project documentation which meet functional and
- Utilizes the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool for
planning resources, project milestones, risks and financials.
- Engages Business Partnership Managers & business Functional
Experts to ensure successful project deployment and benefits
- Escalates issues and risks to the Deployment Project Manager or
Senior Deployment Project Manager.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Business analyst certification and project management training
- 3+ years functional finance expertise related to processes,
reporting and/or operations
- Knowledge of Financial Systems and/or consolidation such as ERP
- 3+ years supporting and testing Finance projects with internal
and external integration
- 3+ years supporting translation of business requirements into
technical specification and/ or developments
- Basic site networking concepts and troubleshooting related to
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance
or an accommodation during the application process because of a
disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to
provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a
result of such a request.
Keywords: Mars, Newark , Sr DT Analyst Transformation (Newark, NJ, US), Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!