Senior Product Security Architect
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: June 12, 2021
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Verizon Product Security Team ensures security by design
product engineering and architecture for both consumer and business
products. As a Senior Product Security Architect, you will work to
conduct security assessments on both Consumer and Business products
and solutions. You will help to create, define, and implement
security controls and tooling in conjunction with product
development teams and product owners. You will manage multiple
projects with a degree of impact and complexity that must be
carefully controlled to support the internal business unit security
requirements. You will also work in conjunction with security
stakeholders in other areas of the business and make decisions and
help lead initiatives to ensure timely delivery of security
solutions that support business objectives. You will also manage
work that involves coordination with multiple organizations and is
the focal point within the group.
- Help implement Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC)
practices and use automation where possible.
- Work with the product teams to perform security design/code
reviews and vulnerability assessment.
- Provide security guidance to Engineering and Product
- Build threat models and conduct risk assessments for new
features and services.
- Create application threat models and provide guidance on
- Contribute to security architecture and assist in building and
rolling out processes for secure code development and deployment
involving truly cutting edge technology.
- Provide subject matter expertise on encryption, security
controls, and secure design and programming practices across the
- Contribute to security policy, standards, and guidelines
related to Information Security.
- Evaluate and operationalize new technologies for securing the
- Train and mentor Security Champions throughout the
- Share thought leadership in the product and application
- Create security user stories and security test cases for
products that are tailored to the product attributes and
- Support and advise product owner and product development teams
by ensuring technical and architectural feasibility, readiness and
- Experience with secure SDLC, governance and compliance for PCI,
FedRAMP and NIST.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with security requirements analyses, building threat
models and perform security design reviews.
- Experience with any combination of at least 3 technical
disciplines, including the following: Cloud Security, Application
Security, Mobile Security, Secure Development methodologies,
Software Development and Coding.
Even better if you have:
- Good understanding of Cloud Services, like AWS, Azure or
- Understanding of Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD pipeline.
- Hands on experience on security testing like SAST, DAST and Pen
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10, CIS Top 20.
- Understanding of authentication protocols like OID, OAuth2.0,
- Knowledge of application security vulnerabilities, secure
coding, and countermeasures.
- Written and verbal skills for communicating security concepts
- Ability to prioritize between and execute on multiple work
- Experience with application programming and the overall
software development life cycle.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- One of more of the following certifications: CISSP, CISM, SANS,
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Newark , Senior Product Security Architect, Other , Bedminster, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!