Senior Mobile Security Architect
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: June 12, 2021
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Verizon Product Security Team ensures security by design
product engineering and architecture for both consumer and business
products. As a Senior Mobile Security Architect, you will work to
conduct security assessments on both Consumer and Business products
and solutions. You will help to create, define, and implement
security controls and tooling in conjunction with product
development teams and product owners. You will manage multiple
projects with a degree of impact and complexity that must be
carefully controlled to support the internal business unit security
- Help implement Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC)
practices and use automation where possible.
- Work closely with the product development engineers to perform
security design and code review by suggesting flow improvements,
anti-tamper protection when needed for security modules, and help
with integration of vulnerability assessment tools.
- Provide security guidance to Engineering and Product teams on
overall product architecture and its ecosystem.
- Build Threat Models, conduct Risk Assessments for new features
or services and provide guidance on effective countermeasures.
- Contribute to security architecture and assist in building and
rolling out processes for secure code development and deployment
involving truly cutting edge technology.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Encryption, Security
Controls, and Secure Design and programming practices across the
- Contribute to Security Policy, Standards, and Guidelines
related to Information Security.
- Evaluate and operationalize new technologies for securing the
- Train and mentor Security Champions throughout the
- Share thought leadership in the product and application
- Create security User Stories and security Test Cases for
products that are tailored to the product attributes and
- Support and advise product owner and product development teams
by ensuring technical and architectural feasibility, readiness and
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience performing security requirements analyses to secure
the deployment of large globally distributed cloud-based platforms,
building threat models, design reviews and documenting relevant
mitigation techniques, implementing security best practices,
applying security design patterns.
- Knowledge of Cryptographic Algorithms (PKI), authentication
protocols, and transport layer security, OID, OAuth, SAML.
- Hands-on experience with software development projects using
iOS/Android platforms or Embedded Linux/System-On-a-Chip (SoC)
infrastructure (tools, libraries, and open source development),
security best practices for embedded systems.
- Experience with Cloud Services, like Amazon Web Services
including VPC, IAM, KMS Security groups, SCPs, ELB, Guard Duty S3
storage as well as Management Services such as CloudWatch, Lambda
and AWS Config and vulnerability scanning tools.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Obfuscation techniques, Reverse Engineering and
Tamper Resistant software development.
- Programming skills in C++/C, Java, Scala, Python or other
languages and the ability to solve complex operational issues.
- Experience with Docker, ECS, Kubernetes infrastructure security
in a Hybrid environment and Container Networking concepts.
- Experience with Web application infrastructure as well as
UNIX-based operating systems, with a focus on security aspects of
application and operating system platforms.
- Experience with Third party ecosystem tools for compliance and
security such as Auto-Remediation/ Compliance (Cloud Custodian),
PRISMA, Dome 9, TrendMicro, and Container Security Tools.
- Experiencewith Network Security and host based IDS/IPS.
- Experience with performing Security Testing and Penetration
- Experience with Content Security technologies like
DRM/Conditional Access is ideal.
- Understanding of Trusted Execution Environment and Secure Boot
- Understanding of various types of Exploits, Threat Modeling,
and Attack surfaces.
- Experience with IT Security Frameworks such as NIST, ISO27001,
PCI, DSS, FedRAMP.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering
- One of more of the following certifications:, AWS Certified
Solutions Architect - professional, AWS Certified Security -
Specialty, CSA Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), ISC2
Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), CISSP.
- An excellent communication, organizational, and experience
translating business goals into technical security
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Newark , Senior Mobile Security Architect, Other , Bedminster, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!