Team Lead, FCC Investigations
Company: Standard Chartered
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people
and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a
profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours -
do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as
our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and
creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can
realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to
our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support
to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Plan, lead and conduct AML investigations for potential
suspicious activity, including those generated from detection
scenario processes, the service of subpoenas and warrants, negative
media reports, as well as other sources.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to the FCC
Investigation Unit's AML Investigators through close-collaboration
and supervision as well as cyclic Case Reviews, with a focus on
- Identifying, researching and reporting suspicious
- Managing the investigative process from initial detection to
- Thoroughly and timely reviewing reports and other investigative
leads that potentially identify suspicious activity.
- Formulating and recommending responses to potentially
suspicious findings, reporting such activity to the appropriate
regulatory authorities, and supporting FCC in developing the Bank's
forward-looking risk-mitigation program.
- Support Investigation Group Managers in oversight of AML
- Coordinate responses and requests pursuant to Section 314 of
the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Provide guidance, direction, and assistance to Senior
Investigators, Investigators and other team members in determining
whether to close cases, escalate findings and/or file a Suspicious
Activity Report ("SAR") with the U.S. Treasury's Financial Crimes
- Drafting and reviewing SARs.
- Conduct AML investigations with respect to matters presenting
heightened complexity, sensitivity and risk.
- Supervise work of other team members to ensure completeness and
quality of investigations, and to support quality assurance of
- Oversee data-entry related to tracking and documenting all
- Assist Investigation Group Managers with administrative
responsibilities for direct reports.
- Support the Investigation Unit's internal training program by
providing subject-matter expertise to program development,
administration and learning delivery.
- Support Investigation Group Managers in the effective
engagement of FCC management, internal audit and quality-assurance
staff, and regulators, concerning the FCC AML program.
People and Talent
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication,
performance management, development plans and reward/recognition
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects SCB
- Identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks to the
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in
which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and
expectations relevant to the role
- Deliver 'effective governance'; challenge fellow executives
effectively; and work with any local regulators in an open and
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and
Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest
standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct,
across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and
ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable
laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate
and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that
adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with
relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form
part of the culture.
- Local regulator prescribed responsibilities
- Head, FCC Controls, Americas
- Head, FCC Investigations, Americas
- FCC Investigations Team Leads, Americas
- SCB Americas Audit, Operational Risk, L&C and SRP
- FCC Department in region and globally
- Embed here for good and Group's brand and values in the
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country,
Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- 5 to 7 years of financial services, intelligence or law
enforcement. Analytic support with demonstrated success and
- People and process experience is preferred.
- Correspondent Banking experience is a plus
- Minimal of 5 years of Financial Markets and Trade Finance AML
- CAM certification required
- Bachelor degree in Economic Crime Investigation, finance,
accounting, intelligence or criminal justice from an accredited
institution or equivalent.
- Advance degree will be viewed positively.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career
To view information on our benefits including our flexible
working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on
Keywords: Standard Chartered, Newark , Team Lead, FCC Investigations, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!