Analytics Analyst II
Company: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The incumbent will partner with multiple customers across the
Enterprise to provide more complex resolutions to analytics/data
problems (i.e. descriptive statics, T testing, etc.) which require
a study of situational factors, gathering information from several
sources, and will provide reporting/analytic deliverables (i.e.
tables, graphs, recommendations, etc.) in a consultative manner.
Incumbent will confirm understanding of recommendation with
customer, and determine business-focused deliverables following the
consultative analytics workflow.
- Facilitate business requirements and define parameters of more
complex analytic projects (i.e. linear models, Tableau
visualization). The analyst will settle deliverables and deadlines
with the customer, beginning to use negotiation and creativity in
consultation with management wherever necessary.
- Research and investigate key business problems through
quantitative analyses of healthcare cost and quality data.
- Provide claims, provider and membership data in support of
affordability, trend and utilization analytics.
- Devise process for producing deliverables from information
stored in Horizon data warehouses or other sources. Select and
utilize appropriate analytic tools for each analytic
- Analyze data results from multiple information sources to
ensure reporting and analytic requirements have been met. In
addition, provide clear, concise and efficient summary analysis to
- Follow department policies and procedures to ensure consistent
utilization and cost reporting. Employs appropriate techniques to
ensure data and result integrity. Maintains best practices in
compliance with all Horizon policies and regulations including data
- Document work appropriately, including use of Analytic
Plan/Timeline template for Analytic projects as appropriate.
- Bachelors in Quantitative Field required (i.e. Analytics,
Economics, mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Public
Health, Nursing from an accredited college or university,
- MS/MA preferred.
- 3-5yrs experience; conducting complex analytics deliverables
(i.e. Linear Models and more advanced independent Analytics).
- Managed Health Care or provider experience preferred,
especially in roles that routinely have used financial and/or
clinical data sources.
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations:
- Requires proficiency with very large data sets and
software/coding (i.e. SAS).
- Requires proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel including
formulas, calculations and graphs).
- Require ability to make decisions to analytic/data problems
that synthesize information from several sources into concrete
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires analytical thinking ability.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Ability to express analytic thoughts clearly and concisely both
verbally and in writing (to various audiences) is required.
- Requires customer-oriented focus.
Travel % (If Applicable):
The information above is intended to describe the general nature
of the work being performed by each incumbent assigned to this
position. This job description is not designed to be an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of each
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with
a disability and any other protected class as required by federal,
state or local law.
Keywords: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield, Newark , Analytics Analyst II, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!