Business Intelligence Architect
Company: Premier Healthcare Exchange, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Zelis is a healthcare and financial technology growth company
and market-leading provider of claims cost management and payments
optimization solutions to price, pay and explain healthcare claims.
Zelis delivers integrated network analytics, network solutions,
payment integrity, electronic payments and claims communications
for payers, healthcare providers and consumers in the medical,
dental and workers' compensation markets nationwide. Zelis is
backed by Parthenon Capital Partners and Bain Capital.
The Business Intelligence Architect defines and designs both
solution and architecture for the implementation of new analytics
platforms and the enhancement of existing visualization and
- Develop architectural patterns and define architectural
standards for adoption and use by the Business Intelligence
- Analyze and assess existing platforms for maintainability,
reliability, scalability and performance. Document and develop
mitigation plan(s) as required.
- Collaborate with application development teams to provide
technical direction on systems analysis, design, development,
testing and deployment.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of solutions into
- Review documented technical requirements, development and
project plans to ensure adherence to defined standards and to
facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the development
- Facilitate code reviews, software design sessions and
- Support the effective transition, of solutions, to production
support staff for ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Participate in technical advisory roles, as required.
- Interact with customers at the technical level, as
- Provide ad hoc support in troubleshooting highly complex
production issues as they arise.
- Oversee an increased level of component reuse and extensibility
while contributing to the growth and use of a shared component
- Research technology trends for applicability to the Zelis
enterprise. Recommend and advocate the implementation of new
technologies, as required, to support Zelis business goals.
- Develop technology strategies for visualization and reporting
that support Zelis business unit strategies and goals.
? Drive technical thought leadership across the enterprise,
mentor associates and foster a learning and growth environment.
- Work closely with technology leadership to guide and direct
technical and professional growth of IT staff.
- Follows established HIPAA, Compliance & Security policies
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
other four year degree with significant IS experience OR equivalent
experience. Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience delivering business intelligence
- 10+ years in Microsoft technology - SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS
- 5 + years working with data visualization tools
- 2 + years serving as an application architect with a
demonstrated track record of implementing highly scalable and
available solutions into a highly transactional production
- Software Architecture
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Design
- Software Debugging
- General Programming Skills
- Relational Database Concepts
- Dimensional Data Modeling
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft Tabular Model and SSAS Cubes
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Application Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Tableau (Preferred)
- Agile development methods and Dev/Ops CI/CD (Preferred)
- Jira (Preferred)
- TOGAF Certification (Preferred)
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business
hours as required to complete projects
- Limited travel
- Sitting at desk or in meetings for long periods of time
- Use standard office equipment
INTERPERSONAL AND PROFESSION SKILLS:
- Technical Skills- Demonstrates an exceptional level of
technical and professional skill and knowledge in position-related
areas; keeps up with current developments and trends in area of
- Delivers Results - Establishes high goals for success and
personal accomplishment; meets or exceeds those goals; conveys a
sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
- Building Partnerships - Identifies opportunities and takes
action to build strategic relationship between one's area and other
teams, departments to achieve business goals. Demonstrates
professional collaborative skills
- Confidentiality/Trust- Operates with integrity; demonstrates
honesty and respects the need for confidentiality in position.
- Advanced Analytical Skills - Uses sound and logical judgement
to identify and analyze complex, multi-dimensional problems, drive
solutions and decisions. Encourages others to do the same.
- Communication - Communicates accurately, honestly and
effectively, both in oral and written form. Represents Zelis in a
professional manner. Able to work effectively with all associates
of Zelis in order to achieve goals. Encourages collaboration and
professional communication amongst team members.
- Planning and Organizing - Establishes a course of action for
self and others to ensure that work is completed on time and
accurately in a fast paced, ever-changing environment. Able to
prioritize; determines needed resources, schedules accordingly,
leverages resources and keeps self and others focused on achieving
- Facilitating & Supporting Change - Encourages others to seek
opportunities for different and innovative approaches to address
problems and opportunities; facilitates the implementation and
acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Living Vision and Values - Keeps the company's vision and
values at the forefront of decision-making and action.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Premier Healthcare Exchange, Inc., Newark , Business Intelligence Architect, Other , Bedminster, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!