Practice Manager - Dental Dept. Full Time Days
Company: Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Summary of Job Function:
- Responsible for supporting and communicating mission and
strategic vision for assigned outpatient areas in collaboration
with department leadership.
- Hire, supervise, train, and performance manage staff. Manage
payroll for assigned staff and providers.
- Create and manage staff schedules and resolve internal
conflicts between staff.
- Ensure that consistent staff meetings are held and staff is
updated on priorities and expectations.
- Design office policies and manage the implementation.
- Ensure that policies or regulations will support quality of
service, patient safety and the delivery of an excellent patient
- Manage all aspects of the revenue cycle, ensuring timely and
appropriate submissions of denials, edits, and any necessary
information requested to support payment of the claim. In addition
to the above, the following is required:
- Ensure that charges (Part A and Part B) are submitted in a
- Oversee the daily charge reconciliation process and hold others
accountable for meeting time expectations.
- Manage the collection of time of payment collections.
- Assist in creating annual budgets and manage Practice expenses
throughout the year. Ensure that the Practice is paying a
- Responsible for ensuring the Practice is running efficiently by
tracking and managing key performance indicators such as next
available appointments, third next available appointments, cycle
times, access, and no-show rates. This data should be routinely
shared with all stakeholders.
- Provide support in the Physician onboarding process ensuring
the following have been completed:
- Training scheduled for IT systems
- Office has been prepared
- Supplies have been purchased
- Scheduling templates have been built
- Credentialing has been completed
- Represent the department in community affairs and special
events to promote the hospital s services.
- Maintains the strictest level of confidentiality.
- Bachelor s degree in Health Services or Healthcare
- Five to seven years of Medical Practice Management experience,
a history of increasing responsibility, and proven ability to work
in highly matrixed, teaching environments is a must.
Keywords: Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Newark , Practice Manager - Dental Dept. Full Time Days, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!