Public Relations Manager
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that
means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because
the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also
happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible (a subsidiary of Amazon) is seeking an exceptionally
bright, driven, articulate, well-connected individual for the role
of Public Relations Manager. You will report to the Director,
Public Relations within the Global Corporate Affairs Team and
brings daily interaction with senior executives and the media. This
role requires an understanding of the evolving digital media
landscape and changing consumer appetites, superior communication
and presentation skills (both written and oral), an interest in
building an evolving team strategy on a quickly growing original
content team, and passion for Audible's disruptive, high-energy
technology-driven culture, its innovative audio entertainment, and
its commitment to Newark's revitalization.
You are able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly and
react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick
turnaround. You have strong connections with members of the press
and within the creative community, are able to work successfully in
a team environment, and build effective working relationships
inside and outside of the organization. You must have the ability
to pivot quickly based on business needs without compromising
quality of work or speed. As this position is tethered to the
office of the CEO, a high level of integrity and discretion in
handling confidential information is critical.
As a Public Relations Manager, you will...
- Conceptualize, research, and execute creative PR outreach
strategies and campaigns resulting in frequent positive press
attention for Audible with an emphasis on our original content
releases (which includes audiobooks, podcasts, genre-bending audio
entertainment, audio theater, etc.).
- Develop and maintain high-level relationships with key media in
the entertainment, tech, music, theater, publishing, lifestyle and
news categories across print, digital and broadcast media.
- Pitch earned media content with a focus on features and
proactively manage media relations.
- Promote overall business initiatives and communications goals
- Operate as an Audible communications liaison by establishing
and maintaining relationships across the company to ensure every PR
opportunity is maximized and successes are amplified.
- Conceptualize and develop written materials, including press
releases, interview briefing materials, and other supporting
- Work closely with high profile talent and their representation
to secure involvement in the promotion of their Audible
- Plan, attend, and execute a select amount of in-person events
(when safe, once events return), facilitating press attendance and
- Guide the development of our daily and weekly press reporting,
yearly growth analysis, and overall media monitoring for the
- 6+ years of work experience in a PR capacity, with a preference
for in-house experience on a press-facing public
- Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, or other
- Extensive public relations, talent relations and events
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry and/or experience
- Pre-existing strong media and entertainment industry
- Experience promoting some or all of these areas: Publishing,
TV/Film, Audio, Tech, Theater, and Music.
- Ability to plan and coordinate PR campaigns from strategic
conception to execution.
- Research skills-ability to synthesize information from multiple
sources, present evaluations, and summarize key findings precisely
- Thorough understanding of how to effectively promote content
and formulate thoughtful communication plans.
- Proven ability to manage confidential information and
facilitate the release of embargoed content with media
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively, and quickly
change course if necessary, to achieve desired results.
- Passion for the public relations field, and for Audible core
mission to improve lives through storytelling, the company's
commitment to urban revitalization, and its disruptive,
- Oral and written communication-exceptional writing skills,
varies writing style to meet needs of project; speaks clearly and
persuasively; possesses ability to engage others; actively
participates in meetings.
- Strategic thinking - the ability to simultaneously focus on
holistic thinking and tactical results.
- Ability to balance strategy work while also handling support
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice.
We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer
and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks,
we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share
stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and
transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our
people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners,
storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences
power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the
power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or
other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Newark , Public Relations Manager, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!