Quality Assurance, Manager
Company: Premier Healthcare Exchange, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Zelis is a healthcare and financial technology growth company
and market-leading provider of claims cost management and payments
optimization solutions to price, pay and explain healthcare claims.
Zelis delivers integrated network analytics, network solutions,
payment integrity, electronic payments and claims communications
for payers, healthcare providers and consumers in the medical,
dental and workers' compensation markets nationwide. Zelis is
backed by Parthenon Capital Partners and Bain Capital.
Zelis Healthcare seeks a visionary, engaging, and
results-oriented leader who wants to join a healthcare company and
become part of an exciting Information Technology team. Zelis'
Manager of Quality Assurance will oversee a team of quality
assurance engineers and analysts to ensure the successful delivery
of our engineering initiatives. The manager will support Zelis'
business imperative of ensuring technology-enabled business
solutions are deployed into production environments with a target
of zero defects. The Manager of Quality Assurance will perform
their job function by supporting their team through all aspects of
Quality Assurance including Test Strategy, Test Planning, Test
Script Authoring, and Test Script Execution (Manual and Automated).
The role will also be responsible for measuring quality and
identifying metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Management responsibilities include:
- Partners with Business Operations to clearly understand the
Business Value advocated by Product Roadmaps and develops a
supporting Technology Roadmap and Strategy.
- Acts as a trusted advisor and builds and maintains
relationships with other Technology leaders and business executives
to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures
cost-effective delivery of Technology services to meet those needs
and responds with agility to changing business priorities.
- Collaborates with Vendor Partners to develop and execute
against a resource plan that supports an annual budget in a
- Develop and implement Best In Class system
practices/methodologies in support of architecture, coding, and
- Maintains a dashboard of Key Performance Indicators tracking
the efficacy of product delivery and the reliability of the
supported production environment.
- Provides proactive leadership, coaching, clarity of direction
and career growth development to the technology staff associates.
Additionally, takes ownership and accountability for Great Place To
Work employee survey results and strives to develop an environment
that is truly a great place to work.
- Partners with Human Resources/People Operations and Technology
leadership team to develop people priorities and plans, that align
with technology strategies. Continually looks for innovative and
meaningful solutions to the recruitment, development and retention
of the technology workforce.
- Leverages influencing and negotiation skills across Technology
and the enterprise to achieve business goals, cost-effective and
innovative shared solutions.
- Follow established HIPAA, Compliance & Security policies.
- Quality Assurance responsibilities include
- Review and approve business requirements to ensure that all
aspects of product quality have been considered while also
confirming that each business requirement has clear acceptance
- Develop QA sizing estimates in support of technology
- Document test strategies and test plans, for new product
development, with input from application development and business
- Document test scripts and create test data, ensuring full test
coverage, with input from application development and business
- Develop and maintain regression testing frameworks/testbed and
- Develop and maintain test automation scripts in support of:
Functional Testing, Regression Testing, and Performance
- Monitor and communicate testing progress, against plan, to
technology and business operations stakeholder groups.
- Document defects in defect tracking tools and facilitate defect
resolution calls with application development and business
- Communicate, mitigate, and resolve issues and risks associated
with test planning and test execution.
- Create and maintain dashboards of Quality Key Performance
Indicators (KPIs) such as Defect Escape Rate and Defect
- Contribute to creating, maintaining, and evolving Quality
Assurance practices and standards that are leveraged across
- Contribute to implementing and evolving software development
methodologies while also contributing to the evaluation and
selection of QA automation tools.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
another four-year degree with significant IS experience OR
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience.
- 2 + years of hands-on experience in developing automation and
regression test scripts.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex information systems
- In-depth understanding of and experience with Agile and SDLC
methodologies used to guide development projects.
- In-depth understanding of testing fundamentals, test management
tools, and defect tracking tools.
- Experience in navigating databases and the ability to run SQL
queries in support of analysis work.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting with
- Ability to think strategically, demonstrating critical thought
in a complex business environment.
- Demonstrated effective professional communication (written and
- Proficient In:
- Azure (Preferred)
- DevOps CI/CD (Preferred)
- JMeter (Preferred)
- Selenium (Preferred)
- Jira (Preferred)
- Software Architecture
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Design
- Software Debugging
- Unit Testing
- General Programming Skills
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft .NET
- Microsoft C#
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft ASP .NET and AngularJS
- SQL Management Studio
- APIs and Microservices
- Application Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Static Code Analysis
- Application and Infrastructure Monitoring
- Jira (Preferred)
- Agile Software Development Methods (Preferred)
- DevOps CI/CD (Preferred)
INTERPERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Advanced Analytical Skills - Uses sound and logical judgment to
identify and analyze complex, multi-dimensional problems, and drive
test planning and test execution decisions.
- Teamwork/Collaboration - Develops and leverages collaborative
relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Collaborates at all levels of the organization. Willingness to help
others, as needed, to make the team and each deployment
- Communication - Communicates accurately and effectively in both
oral and written form. Practices active listening. Expresses
thoughts and ideas with confidence and respects opposing views
- Managing Work - Ability to self-direct and multitask in a
fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Identifies task importance;
adjusts priorities as appropriate. Prepares and manages schedule to
ensure goals are met. Takes prompt action to accomplish
- Technical/Professional Learning - Keeps up with current
developments and trends in the field. Demonstrates a strong desire
to advance in the field and apply newly acquired knowledge in
- Living the Vision and Values - Keeps the company's vision and
values at the forefront of decision-making and action.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Premier Healthcare Exchange, Inc., Newark , Quality Assurance, Manager, Other , Bedminster, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!