IT Principal Trainer- EpicCare Ambulatory
Company: Atlantic Health System
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The IT Principal Trainer- EpicCare Ambulatory is a full-time
position with Atlantic Health System (AHS) supporting the ISS
Learning and Development Team. The Principal Trainer is responsible
for the design, development, maintenance, and delivery of the
curriculum for their assigned clinical applications. The work is
accomplished in a highly matrixed team environment and requires
outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
skills. The Principal Trainer must have exceptional organizational,
time management, and research skills with the ability to multitask
and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
IT Principal Trainer responsibilities include:
- Own the training strategy, curriculum development, training
delivery, and logistical support for assigned applications.
- Consult and develop relationships with Operational and IT
stakeholders to understand workflows, processes, business
objectives, performance gaps, and areas for optimization.
- Maintain curriculum for owned applications (including
classroom, online, and desk-level training materials and training
demonstration data) based on IT/Operational feedback, routine
application and workflow updates, and to support application
upgrades and enhancements.
- Create new curriculum to support business objectives, including
performing learning needs assessments, identifying teaching
objectives, determining appropriate delivery method, creating
training materials and training demonstration data, and following
required testing and review processes.
- Deliver training for assigned applications using delivery
methods such as instructor-led classroom training, hands-on lab
facilitation, online demonstrations, webinars, one-on-one support,
- Provide logistic support for owned applications, including
partnering with training coordination to finalize schedules,
ensuring adequate staffing, publishing course catalogs, and LMS
support as needed.
- Manage assigned projects to completion, including task and
timeline development, deliverable creation, change management, and
- Participate in the change planning process and ensure all
change planning tasks are performed per procedure for owned
- Onboard and mentor IT Training team members assigned to owned
applications, ensuring quality work output and adherence to team
timelines, templates, processes, and policies.
- Lead or participate in other training team initiatives as
assigned, such as process documentation, communication projects,
training team or interdepartmental workgroups, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Epic certification/proficiency or ability to obtain Epic
certification within 6 months of hire
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a training and education field
with at least one year focused on healthcare-related IT
- Minimum 1 year experience with Epic as a Credentialed Trainer;
Epic proficiency preferred.
- Experience as an instructional designer, with an understanding
of the development and delivery of effective training/education
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, experience with
Learning Management Systems, and eLearning authoring software
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality,
safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and
their families. We are confident that you will find success within
Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 12th year in a
row to Fortune's "Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For" list. We
believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care
exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity
employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore
abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from
discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe
benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects
of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation),
national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or
Keywords: Atlantic Health System, Newark , IT Principal Trainer- EpicCare Ambulatory, Other , Morristown, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!