Lead Resource Deployment Manager
Company: Verizon Communications
Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: June 10, 2021
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
Your focus will be on the growth and development of the
Professional Services organization. The primary responsibility of
the Lead Resource Capacity Manager is to manage resourcing for all
potential and assigned projects. This position requires that the
individual be the liaison among the Professional Services
organization Delivery Leaders as it relates to resourcing across
all work. The Resource Manager also works directly with Talent
Acquisition and HR to facilitate appropriate staffing across the
department based on aggregate understanding of project
requirements. The Resource Manager will also ensure that project
resourcing is managed in order to assure timely delivery and must
communicate to appropriate Project Managers resourcing issues that
may impact scheduled deadlines. You will also enforce company
processes by utilizing and requesting all Project Managers use
proper procedures when requesting resources.
You will be focused on guiding the team process to deliver
workforce and staffing plans. Learning foundational skills for
manager and practice trajectories including managing people and
stakeholders and/or building and modeling deep discipline
- Manage the annual workforce planning and budgeting exercise for
assigned Delivery Practice.
- Implement and execute mechanisms to capture resource demand and
capacity plans, allowing for real-time data availability for
- Continuously review/analyze resource demand and capacity.
- Manage Group and/or Program Portfolio Utilization.
- Monitor effectiveness of resource plans, apply learnings to
- Perform trend analyses to highlight critical utilization,
demand, capacity, and performance risk factors.
- Develop & Manage a Cross Training program for the Professional
Services team, including curriculum, content development and
delivery vehicles with the end goal of maximizing billable resource
- Partner with PS Operations team to ensure accurate visibility
into the pipeline for forward looking capacity planning.
- Manage overall training/cross-training, hiring recommendations
based on forecasted resource needs.
- Ensure the right resources, with the right skill sets,
available at the right times.
- Arrange weekly meetings with the Professional Services
Management team to discuss all active projects and potential new
business as well as to stay informed of potential issues such as
resource and change control matters.
What we're looking for...
You're highly analytical and have an eye for detail and
accuracy. Making sense of quantitative data is a real strength of
yours and you manage to synthesize complex information into easily
understood insights. People look to you to solve problems and dig
deep into issues. You're more than equipped to build strong,
lasting, trusting relationships. People trust you and come to you
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in consulting.
- Experience in project management.
Even better if you have:
- Resource Management Certified Professional.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of Professional Services.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Newark , Lead Resource Deployment Manager, Other , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!