Maintenance & Facilities Engineering Manager
Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Howmet Aerospace, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is
a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the
aerospace and transportation industries. The Company's primary
businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening
systems and titanium structural parts necessary for
mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and
defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial
transportation. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of
more fuel-efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable
ground transportation. For more information, visit www.howmet.com.
Follow @howmet: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and
Howmet Aerospace is currently looking a Facilities Engineering &
Maintenance Manager to join our Dover Casting Operations in Dover,
To ensure proper maintenance and operation of all equipment
within the Dover Casting Site and oversee all building and grounds
activities. Manage and coordinate the activities of maintenance and
facilities personnel to achieve plant objectives.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Expected to assist in the implementation of Howmet's EHS value
and policy statement and its accompanying principles.
- Compile with all department, facility, Corporate and Regulatory
- Wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Report all job-related illness and injuries. (Per employee
- Report all Safety, Health & Environmental concerns to your
supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EH&S training.
- Manage maintenance and facilities department, approximately 30
- Manage building maintenance and operational programs;
- Responsible for all preventive maintenance schedules, timely
repairs of breakdowns, training and implementation of TPM and
insuring a safe work environment;
- Inspect completed work for conformance to blueprints,
specifications and both internal and external standards;
- Coordinate maintenance activities within individual departments
to minimize interference with production schedule;
- Responsible for overall budget for Maintenance and
- Ensure the efficiency of all building systems;
- Manage facilities planning and space allocation;
- Manage maintenance of grounds;
- Ensure safety - manufacturing, maintenance and facilities
- Ensure training of all department employees;
- Evaluate employee and equipment performance;
- Coordinate Maintenance/Facilities projects;
- Develop and supervise Team Leaders;
- Provide adherence to Company policy;
- Coordinate and review external contract services as needed to
complete projects, repairs, etc.;
- Review and implement the purchase of materials, spare parts,
etc., as needed;
- Summarize monthly maintenance activities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED
- Requires frequent sitting while viewing a monitor, and frequent
alternating between sitting, standing and walking.
- Job duties may require occasional exposure to high noise
levels, temperature extremes, outdoor conditions, and electrical
sources and occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs. and
occasionally will be required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Equipment used includes telephone, computer, copier, fax
machine, plotter, safety equipment, voltmeter and air measurement
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited
institution or must have a High School Diploma/GED from an
accredited institution and have a minimum of 7 years of related
experience; with a minimum of 3 years of Management
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred;
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing setting in a
Maintenance Supervisor or Manager role is preferred;
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude;
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and to
present organized information to managers, customers and
- Ability to effectively supervise and manage others;
- Hands-on Self-starter, exhibits initiative, responsibility, and
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook, CMMS systems, report writing);
- May need to occasionally work flexible hours including night
and weekends with little advanced notice.
- Understanding and Memory
- Social Interaction
- Having the Ability to Make Decisions
- Managing Others
- Have Ability to Adapt to Changes in the Workplace
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Newark , Maintenance & Facilities Engineering Manager, Other , Dover, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!