Pharmacy Benefit Business Advisor
Company: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Pharmacy Benefits Business Advisor: This position develops
and executes strategies to grow pharmacy enrollment and improve
retention, increase adoption of Horizon pharmacy and ancillary
services, and to meet financial targets. This position is the
primary representative of Horizon to multiple existing employer
Administrative Services Only (ASO) accounts and will optimize the
pharmacy revenue for the ASO market through use of Horizon products
- Advises on overall P&L for ASO pharmacy business via
collaboration with Commercial Business Unit leadership team to
establish annual membership and revenue targets and their ongoing
- Accountable to design, refine, and maintain a monthly scorecard
to report on win-loss rates, underwriting margin, membership and
financial goals, forecasting and modeling.
- Partners with the Commercial Business Unit to regain lives that
have been carved-out, winning new business, and assisting the
account management team in retaining current business through the
adoption of new and existing products and services, cross selling
of other Horizon program and product offerings.
- Educates and collaborates with the underwriting team on client
contracting strategy and establishing rules of engagement for the
market, and ensuring contract terms align with proposal
- Educates leadership team, marketing, underwriters, and account
management teams on current topics in the industry, new product
developments, Horizon Pharmacy program offerings and solutions, and
the competitive landscape. -Create, manage, and review pricing
offers do drive pharmacy membership growth and program adoption
while ensuring overall revenue goals are met.
- Continuously monitor performance to identify risks and
solutions to optimize financial performance.
- Develops the pharmacy value proposition, tools and collateral
for business growth and retention.
- Lead RFP activities and develop the strategy to meet proposal
requirements via leveraging an in-depth understanding of the needs
of the market, various consultants, and prospective groups.
- Forge strong broker and consultant relationships to meet market
- Conducts the review of requests for underwriting exceptions, as
The information above is intended to describe the general nature
of the work being performed by each incumbent assigned to this
position. This job description is not designed to be an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of each
- Able to communicate and demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge
of Horizon, products and services to the market.
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Is highly analytical and has experience with creating financial
- Requires demonstrated aptitude for analytical thinking
including the ability to research and resolve problems, report
findings accurately, identify solutions and implement resolutions
through interaction with company-wide personnel.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships
with analytic and non-analytic business partners, and external
partners, and all levels of management in order to elicit business
needs and drive results.
- Requires the ability to plan, organize and prioritize diverse
and complex work assignments.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration
- Exercises sound business judgment and has strong attention to
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree is desirable
- Requires a minimum of 7 years of professional experience in
Pharmacy Benefit Management
- Prefers strong financial experience
- Prefers experience in financial analysis
- Prefers experience in Pharmacy Benefit Sales.
- Prefers experience with underwriting or pricing analytics at a
PBM or Health Plan is a plus.
- Prefers comprehensive understanding of the Pharmacy Benefit
Travel % (If Applicable):
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with
a disability and any other protected class as required by federal,
state or local law.
Keywords: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield, Newark , Pharmacy Benefit Business Advisor, Other , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!